Match Thread Manchester City v Everton - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
...I think that’s fair, but you have to give yourself a chance. Sheffield United only lost narrowly to them recently, Wolves have beaten them twice. City are superior but if you go into any game believing you have no chance, you have no chance.

This wasn’t a strong City team, I thought we were too respectful.
Take more then a week and 2 games to over come a 25 year inferiority complex that the clubs has

You only have to look at our midfield to see the issues

Gutted because that City side was average, The back 4 was poor and we very rarely troubled them

Pep is smart. crowded our wingbacks so they have no room to create and force our midfield to beat them, which they couldn't of course because well we stink in midfield and really miss gomes in games like this. Game turned around a bit when we added some speed with Walcott and Keane and went long but still not close to enough.

We got the result we deserved.

Tactics only make sense on an even keel.

Not when you playing the avengers team assembled with 1000 gold pieces

Still feeling quite worried about our situation at the bottom. Everyone will pick up points because there are no clearly terrible teams, and at some point it’s just about who wants it most and who is luckiest. And we certainly haven’t been lucky so far this season...

....I absolutely agree. Folk assume we are safe, but we need to accumulate points to be safe. Our recent good run has been welcome but our points total is still very precarious.

We are still in a relegation battle.

Didn’t do ourselves any justice there. We were scared to play them in the first half and gave them way too much respect. Second half much better especially once Sigurdsson went off (another abject performance from him) Far to many sideways passes and backward passes first half. Richarlison took his goal well. Midfield is very weak for use at the moment and needs addressing in January, and City have one if not the best, so we lost the game there really.

We go again on Sunday, but need to show more desire and more aggression or we’ll be over run again in midfield by the devils spawn!

Status
Not open for further replies.