Was Dunc right for hooking Kean?

Was Dunc right to hook Kean?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Poor decision. Don't put him on if you don't trust him. Now every young talent in Europe saw that move, every agent is now on notice. I am not saying Keane may not have an attitude issue but you need to think bigger picture at all times. There were much better ways to handle this. It was a shortsighted move that will, hurt us.

You would think given his limited chances so far this season, he would bring a massive amount of energy when he came on in such a big match for us. It was clear that was not happening, it takes unbelievable guts to make that substitution. What we know is that this team looked like they couldn’t care less about each other and getting a result. That has clearly changed in the past two weeks.

What kind of damage does it do if he is left on the pitch, not pressing and not giving the amount of effort that everyone else has been giving, and have another injury time goal slam us with another late loss?

Sure, I understand that this may push him off the team in January but right now, I’m more interested in getting this team to continue to play the way it has the last two weeks and being once again proud of this team, excited to watch them play.

If he subbed him off due to his performance when he came on than rather than showing strong management its sets a precedent. The popular phrase is 'making a rod for your own back'.

Yeah, at least two considerable wastes of money from a god awful transfer window.

Delph cost 8m, Hardly considerable

Brands was brought in to find young gems, Everyone was buzzing when Kean signed, Just looks like the lads attitude has caught everyone off guard

Blanking him on the touchline was way off in my opinion. I don't think the club will like this at all, I think Dunc was trying to make an attempt to show that he's not afraid of making big calls on the sideline. What he may have ended up doing is writing the transfer request of a highly rated 19 year who the club spent £30m on. Bit of shambles really and it's put an unnecessary talking point on the end of a good performance and result.

It was harsh and sadly will be a make or break moment for the lad - could well destroy his confidence completely.

But given how Dunc clearly loves other young players like DCL, and Kean’s issues with other managers, can only assume this is just the end of a series of warnings about fitness, attitude and effort.
Just drop and sell him then, don’t humiliate him. hes a kid in a foreign country, absolutely no need to humiliate him.

Too many managers in the prem have been compromised and bullied by expensive and swaggering players not performing and thinking they only have to turn up to be in the team.

Ferguson won't wear that and I'm over the moon he did this today, and let's face it there'll have been a bloody good reason for it too. Ferguson's dirty linen will be washed behind closed doors.

Imagine how he'd have treated Pogba when he was stealing a living at UTD.

Don't knock Dunc for this, it's called management. It'll gain more respect than it will lose.

You would think given his limited chances so far this season, he would bring a massive amount of energy when he came on in such a big match for us. It was clear that was not happening, it takes unbelievable guts to make that substitution. What we know is that this team looked like they couldn’t care less about each other and getting a result. That has clearly changed in the past two weeks.

What kind of damage does it do if he is left on the pitch, not pressing and not giving the amount of effort that everyone else has been giving, and have another injury time goal slam us the another late loss?

Sure, I understand that this may push him off the team in January but right now, I’m more interested in getting this team to continue to play the way it has the last two weeks and being once again proud of this team, excited to watch them play.
Hey you! Take your common sense and great points off your board. We are Everton and while we have taken four points from two big (in the era of sky football) clubs we will moan lol

HahahaHHHh hang on, so modern footballers shouldn't have things explained to them by there managers?

Fair enough lad

Don’t be so dense, friend. You know that’s not what I said.

I said “some” things shouldn’t have to be explained to professional Footballers.

Like, for example, “work hard”. Press, chase lost causes, keep it simple, run down the clock.

Do a job for the team. Kean, patently, was not doing that. Ferguson was sufficiently annoyed in a brief cameo that he hauled him off (as Marco did vs Watford in the cup).

Agree - it was terrible management.

Dunc is out of his depth and clueless about modern football I’m afraid.

Nah

I'd say its modern football and certain players in it that are out of their depth.

Sick and tired of watching players earning hundreds of thousands a week, who are multi millionaires, not giving a hoot about the shirt and the badge they are representing.

I have zero problems with the way he's addressed this in front of millions watching. For me its about time our club stopped picking daises and playing nicey nice.

Status
Not open for further replies.