January Transfer Thread 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
At present we have 2 places in the 25 man squad available for signings before we have to move anyone on. The priority for me is a CB and a DCM. We could also unregister Martina and this would free up a space for Left footed winger. If Tosun is sold we then have space for a striker. However due to the nature of the window I'm not convinced we would get the right players so I would be tempted just to loan 2 players who can cover the priority positions. I would be willing to off load Tosun though and if a bid of any kind of substance came in for Sigurdsson I would also accept that as I fear we are now going to be saddled with him for the entire 5 years of his 120000k pw contract.

At present we have 2 places in the 25 man squad available for signings before we have to move anyone on. The priority for me is a CB and a DCM. We could also unregister Martina and this would free up a space for Left footed winger. If Tosun is sold we then have space for a striker. However due to the nature of the window I'm not convinced we would get the right players so I would be tempted just to loan 2 players who can cover the priority positions. I would be willing to off load Tosun though and if a bid of any kind of substance came in for Sigurdsson I would also accept that as I fear we are now going to be saddled with him for the entire 5 years of his 120000k pw contract.

Niasse + Cuco can go on frees as their contracts are up at the end of the season anyway.

Stekelenburg may also be given away.

Walcott, Sigurdsson, Schneiderlin, Tosun, Bolasie and many many more such as Sandro are also still to be offloaded.

If we can pick up a few good results by Jan and bring in 2 or 3 players then id hope the clearout continues.

Worth sacrificing the short term to get as many players off the books as possible to put us in a stronger position for the summer.

Niasse + Cuco can go on frees as their contracts are up at the end of the season anyway.

Stekelenburg may also be given away.

Walcott, Sigurdsson, Schneiderlin, Tosun, Bolasie and many many more such as Sandro are also still to be offloaded.

If we can pick up a few good results by Jan and bring in 2 or 3 players then id hope the clearout continues.

Worth sacrificing the short term to get as many players off the books as possible to put us in a stronger position for the summer.

I totally agree about off loading Martina and Niasse if needs be. Also agree on Stekelenburg as we will probably have Virginia coming back as 3rd choice. Personally I would keep Walcott and Schneiderlin until summer given we may need players in their positions. Sigurdsson and Tosun any sensible offers to be accepted as they have both had endless opportunities. Bolasie and Sandro are out on loan so with a bit of luck can impress someone.

At the minute we are still in both cups so need a bit of squad depth. By the end of the first week in January I may have changed my mind but hopefully not.

Bowen. Left footed. Also a winger. Who scores goals.

Got plenty of defensive midfielders just none are fit.

CB essential but who, and in Jan too. Memories of Anthony Gardner spring to mind, unfortunately.

CB essential but who, and in Jan too. Memories of Anthony Gardner spring to mind, unfortunately.

I agree with have plenty of midfielders unfortunately most of them are injured or injury prone.

Also Senderos was another Moyes classic. However one year he did bring Stubbs back who did a job so as long as we look properly we should find someone who can fill a gap.

Pardon my ignorance but who does Bowen play for and do you think we could get him?

I agree with have plenty of midfielders unfortunately most of them are injured or injury prone.

Also Senderos was another Moyes classic. However one year he did bring Stubbs back who did a job so as long as we look properly we should find someone who can fill a gap.

Pardon my ignorance but who does Bowen play for and do you think we could get him?

Bowen plays for Hull, scores a lot for them but previous talk on here is that he is too slow to translate into EPL scoring in the same way

Bowen plays for Hull, scores a lot for them but previous talk on here is that he is too slow to translate into EPL scoring in the same way

Thank you. So effectively he is competing with our own Josh Bowler I think I would rather give Bowler a chance. Now you say who he plays for I can remember seeing his name in the loan thread!

Plenty of defensive midfielders?

The only one worth mentioning is Gbamin, he needs competition.

Sangare from toulouse is the one...

Thank you. So effectively he is competing with our own Josh Bowler I think I would rather give Bowler a chance. Now you say who he plays for I can remember seeing his name in the loan thread!
Hull have him playing as a forward at the moment, Bowler on the wing.
He seems to have the knack of being one of those players who will always get a goal or two, watched him a few times cant say I have ever thought wouldn't mind him in an Everton shirt, but his finishing is decent if you wanted goals from midfield as I don't think he is an out and out forward
Would be a gamble and he is Hulls only Stand out player so cant see them selling him cheap as he is so important to them.
He doesn't rely on pace to score , he isn't really slow or rapid but give him a sight of goal he more often than not sticks it in.
Cant think of were he would get in are team to be honest.

Hull have him playing as a forward at the moment, Bowler on the wing.
He seems to have the knack of being one of those players who will always get a goal or two, watched him a few times cant say I have ever thought wouldn't mind him in an Everton shirt, but his finishing is decent if you wanted goals from midfield as I don't think he is an out and out forward
Would be a gamble and he is Hulls only Stand out player so cant see them selling him cheap as he is so important to them.
He doesn't rely on pace to score , he isn't really slow or rapid but give him a sight of goal he more often than not sticks it in.
Cant think of were he would get in are team to be honest.

I know you said he's not slow but the player I have in mind is a left footed version of Walcott really. Someone that gives us an out ball and can keep opposing full backs pinned back. It's not the end of the world if we don't get anyone til summer. Also we need to know who our new manager is and how they are going to set up before we get too much into players.

I totally agree about off loading Martina and Niasse if needs be. Also agree on Stekelenburg as we will probably have Virginia coming back as 3rd choice. Personally I would keep Walcott and Schneiderlin until summer given we may need players in their positions. Sigurdsson and Tosun any sensible offers to be accepted as they have both had endless opportunities. Bolasie and Sandro are out on loan so with a bit of luck can impress someone.

At the minute we are still in both cups so need a bit of squad depth. By the end of the first week in January I may have changed my mind but hopefully not.

Has sandro actually scored a goal yet?

I know you said he's not slow but the player I have in mind is a left footed version of Walcott really. Someone that gives us an out ball and can keep opposing full backs pinned back. It's not the end of the world if we don't get anyone til summer. Also we need to know who our new manager is and how they are going to set up before we get too much into players.
he's not that type, think of andy king for us years a go

Plenty of defensive midfielders?

The only one worth mentioning is Gbamin, he needs competition.

Sangare from toulouse is the one...

Like Ndombele was talk of the town previously ? I'd wait on Gbamin before shelling out more on unknowns. Just my view like.

Oh Kevin Mirallas, oh Kevin Mirallas

Status
Not open for further replies.