Homepage Article POLL: Do you want Moyes back? Results: 80% No

Status
Not open for further replies.
You can't give Moyes credit for what a team did after he left (he didn't bring in Lukaku btw), while ignoring the fact he was abysmal with a team that were reigning champions.
I think you can. Compare Moyes' last season and Martinez' first. Then compare to the following two seasons when Martinez had more control. It suggest that Moyes' was more influential in that success than Bobby.

Anybody would think we were some kind of poisoned chalice.

:coffee:
Yes with the odd bit of hope added now and again. We have never really had it good though. 1914 champions, world war 1 started. 1939 world war 2 started. 1984 Hissel banned from Europe. 1987 Kendal left

Appreciate the feedback but have to admit to it raising a wry smile.

We could have used one in a Real Soci, or West Ha.... or Sunderland? Like we did for our social media posts on the subject but nah, we used one of him while manager at one of, if not the worlds biggest clubs - the biggest job he'll ever have.

Your own connotation with that picture are exactly that, your own.

There's no "if" as to whether we'll continue to 'do' polls, we'll always quantify sentiment. Whether that's a poll asking whether a new transfer is a good one - like with Iwobi here, or thoughts on prospective managers - we asked the same question regarding Moyes in 2016, you'll be glad to know we used a picture of him from his Everton days in that poll - the margin against him was 92% against;

People dismissing Moyes out of hand could do with a recap of his time here, as time tends to cloud things.

This is a good video where you actually get to see how he thought about things tactically, and how he evolved the squad over time.

Glad it gave you a wry smile....

However I hope you take my point seriously as we have had Martinez,Koeman & Silva since Moyes all who have failed to achieve what Moyes achieved here....

My point was a fair one considering some animosity when Moyes left for Man utd & some fans will never forgive him for doing that no matter what he did here under the restraints he had....

Status
Not open for further replies.