Homepage Article POLL: Do you want Moyes back? Results: 80% No

Status
Not open for further replies.
What are the odds for the new manager today?

Who are the top 2-3 mentioned?

I think way too many on here are overreacting with Moyes. He is not my first choice, but I wouldn't hate it if he's brought back.

I think the views on the forum aren't always reflective of the whole fan base.

My concerns before yesterday's game were that, if the team put in another Blackburn-esque performance, Mr Kenwright was in danger of being publicly lynched!! I couldn't have been wider of the mark. When the image of Mr Kenwright appeared on the screen and people began cheering, I've got to say I was shocked to the core.

Most people on here hate Kenwright and would tell anyone who'd listen to them that all fans do. There's more moderate viewed fans than they'd be prepared to admit.

Just because some people shout louder than others doesn't mean they speak for everyone.

I can't remember the lads name who went on talksport yesterday and put them straight about moyes and him coming back to Everton.He was something to do with G OT because he told them about the poll that's running and they seemed shocked.

Last edited:
Can anyone tell me who the last manager to beat Liverpool is? Also, who is the last manager to finish a season above Liverpool in the league?

Given their greater resources, I feel this a good yardstick to measure a manager’s performance.

If we have the opportunity to secure such a manager it would certainly be a positive step from the club after many years of regression.

So because Moyes was manager when we last beat the RS 9 years ago and finished above them 15 years ago, that makes him the ideal man for the job now? Times have changed, and Moyes, like a lot of his dinosaur contemporaries (Allardyce, Hughes, Pardew, etc.) has failed to adapt. On top of that, off the top of my head, here's a list of why I think he shouldn't get the job:

1) Lost count of the number of times under Moyes when we drew at home to inferior teams because he always set us up not to lose, instead of going all out for the win. So frustrating.

2) That same fear of losing made him reactive, rather than proactive, when it came to making substitutions to change the course of a game. For example, the 2012 FA Cup semi against the RS. When we were 1-0 up, it was clear that the balance of the game was changing and he needed to make a change, but he waited. They equalised, but because we weren't losing, he still waited. They score again in the last few minutes and then he makes the change. Too late!

3) The "Let's get to 40 points first" mantra that he trotted out every season. He gave people the impression that plucky little Everton were punching above our weight. We're not Norwich FFS.

4) The disrespectful comments he came out with when he was rebuffed in his efforts to sign Fellaini and Baines from us on the cheap. He said he knew better than Martinez how it works at Everton and we were holding back their careers. He didn't have to say anything. The fact he did, and that he was oblivious to how the fans of the club he managed for 11 years would react to that, shows the arrogance of the man.

5) He's failed at every club he's managed since he left us, apart from West Ham, but I'd argue that any half decent manager could have got that West Ham team to safety.

6) As Sunderland manager, before the start of the season when they got relegated, he said in an interview that his team would be fighting relegation. This was before a ball had been kicked. I remember thinking at the time, that's really going to instill confidence in his players and will be the kiss of death to their chances of staying up. They would probably have got relegated regardless, but why say it? I'll tell you why. He wanted to get his excuses in early and give the impression that even a manager of his abilities would struggle with the squad of players he had.

I could go on....

Also, not really a reason, but I always found that People's Club saying very cringey. It's the sort of thing kopites would come out with.

David Moyes deserves nothing. He was plucked from a lower division, paid handsomely, never given a hard time by the Chairman and could probably have stayed as long as he wanted. Instead he ran down his contract, buggered off to Utd and tried to stiff us on the purchase of our two best players. Instead of complaining that he was dressed in Utd garb, I’d have had him dressed as Judas Iscariot.....

Bravo. Peter.

So because Moyes was manager when we last beat the RS 9 years ago and finished above them 15 years ago, that makes him the ideal man for the job now? Times have changed, and Moyes, like a lot of his dinosaur contemporaries (Allardyce, Hughes, Pardew, etc.) has failed to adapt. On top of that, off the top of my head, here's a list of why I think he shouldn't get the job:

1) Lost count of the number of times under Moyes when we drew at home to inferior teams because he always set us up not to lose, instead of going all out for the win. So frustrating.

2) That same fear of losing made him reactive, rather than proactive, when it came to making substitutions to change the course of a game. For example, the 2012 FA Cup semi against the RS. When we were 1-0 up, it was clear that the balance of the game was changing and he needed to make a change, but he waited. They equalised, but because we weren't losing, he still waited. They score again in the last few minutes and then he makes the change. Too late!

3) The "Let's get to 40 points first" mantra that he trotted out every season. He gave people the impression that plucky little Everton were punching above our weight. We're not Norwich FFS.

4) The disrespectful comments he came out with when he was rebuffed in his efforts to sign Fellaini and Baines from us on the cheap. He said he knew better than Martinez how it works at Everton and we were holding back their careers. He didn't have to say anything. The fact he did, and that he was oblivious to how the fans of the club he managed for 11 years would react to that, shows the arrogance of the man.

5) He's failed at every club he's managed since he left us, apart from West Ham, but I'd argue that any half decent manager could have got that West Ham team to safety.

6) As Sunderland manager, before the start of the season when they got relegated, he said in an interview that his team would be fighting relegation. This was before a ball had been kicked. I remember thinking at the time, that's really going to instill confidence in his players and will be the kiss of death to their chances of staying up. They would probably have got relegated regardless, but why say it? I'll tell you why. He wanted to get his excuses in early and give the impression that even a manager of his abilities would struggle with the squad of players he had.

I could go on....

Also, not really a reason, but I always found that People's Club saying very cringey. It's the sort of thing kopites would come out with.
When he left in 2013 we finished above them in the league. We were actually in a position of strength after years of building, and a few additions would have seen us top four.

Sadly Martinez squandered this legacy and then Moshiri came and and managed to make the team worse despite spending hundreds of millions in transfer fees.

People dismissing Moyes out of hand could do with a recap of his time here, as time tends to cloud things.

This is a good video where you actually get to see how he thought about things tactically, and how he evolved the squad over time.

People dismissing Moyes out of hand could do with a recap of his time here, as time tends to cloud things.

This is a good video where you actually get to see how he thought about things tactically, and how he evolved the squad over time.

Yet he’s been a complete failure at everywhere else he‘s been.

Unless you count keeping West Ham up as success.

He’s yesterday’s man, same as Pardew, same as Allardyce, same as Pulis.

There’s a good reason that they haven’t got clubs. Footy has moved on and past them by.

Yet he’s been a complete failure at everywhere else he‘s been.

Unless you count keeping West Ham up as success.

He’s yesterday’s man, same as Pardew, same as Allardyce, same as Pulis.

There’s a good reason that they haven’t got clubs. Footy has moved on and past them by.
Keeping Sociedad up was also a success, though he failed to kick on in season 2. And at Man Utd he actually has a better win ratio than the great Louis Van Gaal and the not-so great Ole Gunnar Solskjær.

Keeping Sociedad up was also a success, though he failed to kick on in season 2. And at Man Utd he actually has a better win ratio than the great Louis Van Gaal and the not-so great Ole Gunnar Solskjær.

Changes nothing.

He needs to swallow his pride and drop down a division and rebuild his cred

The Premier League isn’t for him anymore.

It's our obligation to inform you that we ran background checks on your account.

We had genuine reason to suspect you was David Moyes' agent which would call into question the integrity of your posts.

It appears we were not correct, please accept our apology for the intrusion.
Hahaha!

Hang on, this is a joke?!

Changes nothing.

He needs to swallow his pride and drop down a division and rebuild his cred

The Premier League isn’t for him anymore.
Way it looks he will end up here or West Ham. I just think he is a good bet to lay some foundations and build a team. The big question would be would he work with Brands at the helm?

Status
Not open for further replies.