Homepage Article POLL: Do you want Moyes back? Results: 80% No

Status
Not open for further replies.
After the psychological damage of the united gig Moyes is not the manager he used to be, and even if he was, football itself has moved on. Big risk to keep Silva, but it would be a bigger risk to get Moyes in. Reeks of desperation and backwards negativity! What would there be to look forward to?

Keep Silva if this is all you've got up your sleeve, and spend the money it will cost to replace Moyes, on some better players who have the composure to play at the highest level.

Is this what we have a director of football for? Do these people have any imagination whatsoever?

Moyes!

I don't think the people running us, actually support us!

Don't really want him but if it's him he needs to be given a 2 year deal from the off.
You can't stabilise a club in 6 months. We would be back to square one the next season.
Big Sam should have been given the same. We wouldn't be here now if that happened.

I'd rather not if it's all the same...

His best sides were the ones he was forced to play through injuries and suspensions.
Yes, some Managers are better when they have only one watch, they know exactly what time it is
If they have two they’re never quite sure

Hearing the words "This season is a right off" is becoming a bit familiar. Getting Moyes in is just embarrassing. Tim Cahill as his assistant to soften the blow is not going to work with me. What has he actually done since he left us?
Got some lovely pay offs from Utd, That Spanish club and Sunderland. He’s doing ok for himself.

the original job as in at the start

many many many years ago

he is by nature a % football exponent. Keep it tight. Control as much as possible what the players do on the pitch. Set up to not lose and hope to grab a win. No interest in much else.

he occasionally hit a a sweet spot with teams when it clicked and he let them loose to play actual football but as soon as we had a chance of doing something he would go back in his shell. The vast majority was defensive dullness.

Football is inherently a game or % though the less you concede and the more you score you win. The vairence in that lies in the context in my opinion, take City you can play the Pep way when you can you invest 500 mill in the squad the balce the percentages in your favour. For everyone esle its about devising a nd building toward success. What Moyes did was manipulate the percentages based on resources which were minimal.

I think the defensive football thing is a myth, id accept we were hard to beat in his early regin biut for many years with players like the Arteta, Pienaar, Baines, Cahill, Yak etc we played some really lovely effective stuff. It was balanced but more importantly it was effective. I say that to illustrate we have had two managers in Martinez and Silva who play open and expansive stuff, both regimes crashed and burned. some of the virtues you mention in your post are actually whats needed about now, the show pony stuff has failed.

i think the Moyes type cast is quite lazy, without acknowledging the restrictions he was working while here

Don't think he will come anyway, he said he would only come if he got a long term contract and I don't believe Everton are ready to offer him one. If he did by any chance come he would also want full control like he did before and I cant see Moshiri agreeing to that, so its a NO thank you for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.