• Naw

Votes: 483 66.6%
  • Cheese on wor toast

Votes: 39 5.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
They'll only give him it to the end of the season. We're in the same situation we were when we hired Allardyce. There are two big factors that mean we won't sign the kind of manager any of us wants:
1. No decent manager wants to pick up a club in crisis half way through the season
2. Getting relegated would be a disaster of the highest order, killing all our ambitions for the new stadium etc. So we have to go for a "safe pair of hands". That means someone that knows the league and has been in similar situations before.
What makes you so sure he'll accept 6 months? Besides, he'll most likely hire a lot of ex blues players, thus make it really hard to sack him in May no matter what.

being honest here, I think any half decent manager looking at everton who would be interested, looks at our position and next fixtures and thinks, do I really wanna get involved in that?

if we would have sacked him after sheff utd when we was mid table and winnable games everywhere I reckon we could have had a few choices, I reckon only moyes would be interested ( at the minute )

Yeah nothing special but somehow in the top 4 - Utd have just beaten Spurs at home

We've been beaten by Norwich and Sheffield Utd at home

Anyone who thinks we're waltzing our way out of this particular mess without drastic action needs to give their head a serious wobble

Because Silva is the worst manager in the league.

A new manager and the bounce it gives would have the fans right up for it.

I would rather go down fighting than finish 17th with Moyes its as simple as that.

Going back to a dinosaur who's been sacked from 4 clubs since leaving here basically tells the world we are finished as a club.

who would you like as manager?

THis is the BIG question!

Who is there, who would come and could they dig us out of the hole.

The fact is, there must be 20+ managers out there with better CV's than David effing Moyes. We only want him back cos he got us to 5th place and called us the peoples club. Could you imagine UTD taking him back? The RS taking Roy Evans back??

Why? Do you not believe that different managers have different skillsets and are therefore more qualified for a relegation fight than others?

It's horses for courses, in the same way that someone like Allardyce wouldn't get the City job, I don't think Guardiola or Klopp's style of Football would be applicable at somewhere like Watford right now.

That's not to say they're not amazing managers and couldn't improve the situation, but it's not what they've been used to. I'd prefer to get in a manager, perhaps only short term, that's more accustomed to grinding out results, substance over style, with a limited squad toward the bottom end of the table.

That takes someone like an Allardyce (or a Moyes, Howe or a: Another) who is fiercely organised. What's so ridiculous about the suggestion of bringing somebody in short term to do exactly what BFS did, keep us up and steady the ship, and then go again in the summer?

My shout, personally, is Howe. Because I think he's capable of being a short term solution to get us back on track and keep us up and also able to kick on next year.
Is that the same Howe that has Bournemouth in freefall 1 win in 10 ?

The club deserves fans like you.

Moyes is NOT going to be an interim if he gets appointed. Get that in your heads. if he gets the job it signals the slow, steady decline of this once great club.

And once those of us who still care have died out, all you'll have to tell your kids is, Everton, used be the best team in the land.

"Ok boomer, let me play Liverpool vs Real Madrid"

Moyes is coming and at this stage he’s a much better option than silva - far from ideal but this is now about survival and he will hopefully steady the ship which is currently sinking . Welcome back Davy !

being honest here, I think any half decent manager looking at everton who would be interested, looks at our position and next fixtures and thinks, do I really wanna get involved in that?

if we would have sacked him after sheff utd when we was mid table and winnable games everywhere I reckon we could have had a few choices, I reckon only moyes would be interested ( at the minute )

Exactly. Waiting for far too long like the RM sacking.

Moyes is NOT going to be an interim if he gets appointed. Get that in your heads. if he gets the job it signals the slow, steady decline of this once great club.

And once those of us who still care have died out, all you'll have to tell your kids is, Everton, used be the best team in the land.

Completely disagree. The decline has already began, Moyes would simply accelerate it at breakneck speed.

How? Look at where we are. 18th.

This is absolutely unacceptable. If we reappointed this moron, we will have finally overtaken the Geordies as the worst run club in the league. Kenwright needs to get the hell out of the club.

Also, I can guarantee that he will end up being a longer term appointment. They will keep him on after this season. To think this has happened the same year that the RS finally win the league. Nice one Everton.

This is absolutely unacceptable. If we reappointed this moron, we will have finally overtaken the Geordies as the worst run club in the league. Kenwright needs to get the hell out of the club.

Also, I can guarantee that he will end up being a longer term appointment. They will keep him on after this season. To think this has happened the same year that the RS finally win the league. Nice one Everton.

If you were scripting your nightmare scenario of a season, it´s possible you wouldn´t have come up with something as bad as we are experiencing now.

THis is the BIG question!

Who is there, who would come and could they dig us out of the hole.

The fact is, there must be 20+ managers out there with better CV's than David effing Moyes. We only want him back cos he got us to 5th place and called us the peoples club. Could you imagine UTD taking him back? The RS taking Roy Evans back??

There is a difference between unattainable managers are realistic ones in our circumstances. Personally I would love someone like Ancelotti but if he is sacked soon and had a choice of us or Arsenal you know who he would choose. That is the problem we have.

Goodison will be toxic in 48 hours should we not sack silva.

Status
Not open for further replies.