• Naw

Votes: 483 66.6%
  • Cheese on wor toast

Votes: 39 5.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I would take Moyes as a true interim as we search for a new manager. Sell Davey the story this is your chance to audition for the job to keep motivation high, but if they say our new manager on a 3 year contract is Moyes then I'm going to go ape....
I agree1000 percent but DM wants a 3 year deal.......that's to much imo anyone we need now is to avoid relegation....

If Moyes is the new manager it proves 3 things:

1: The board haven't a clue what they're doing.

2: Marcel Brands is a puppet with no actually saying in the club.

3: Bill Kenwright is still running the club.

But the biggest problem is the fans that actually think that this is a good idea. I don't know what depresses me the most.
They'll only give him it to the end of the season. We're in the same situation we were when we hired Allardyce. There are two big factors that mean we won't sign the kind of manager any of us wants:
1. No decent manager wants to pick up a club in crisis half way through the season
2. Getting relegated would be a disaster of the highest order, killing all our ambitions for the new stadium etc. So we have to go for a "safe pair of hands". That means someone that knows the league and has been in similar situations before.

They'll only give him it to the end of the season. We're in the same situation we were when we hired Allardyce. There are two big factors that mean we won't sign the kind of manager any of us wants:
1. No decent manager wants to pick up a club in crisis half way through the season
2. Getting relegated would be a disaster of the highest order, killing all our ambitions for the new stadium etc. So we have to go for a "safe pair of hands". That means someone that knows the league and has been in similar situations before.
correct

24 games to go and only 1 point off safety.

We simply must not panic like we did with Alladyce.

Thing is who’s decent is willing to join now?I don’t know. It’s a challenge. What I am concerned is if Silva stays there is a good chance that we will relegate.

I would take Moyes as a true interim as we search for a new manager. Sell Davey the story this is your chance to audition for the job to keep motivation high, but if they say our new manager on a 3 year contract is Moyes then I'm going to go ape....
This is what they'll be thinking, same we did with Allardyce. Unfortunately it's not the right time to hire an exciting manager.

With our fixtures we might be 7 or 8 points off safety by Christmas

Would that be an appropriate time for us to 'wet the bed' as some would say on here?

Chelsea are nothing special

Utd away you can get a draw out of

Arsenal are as spineless as us

Any half decent manager with the fanbase behind them can get something from these next 3.

This is where cool heads at boardroom realise that and interview proper candidates whilst the Goodison siren/fans do the work.

Our board however are bumbling idiots who will be probably running round crying for Moyes to return.

I don't want Moyes back but I recognise that it will be very difficult to get a manager mid season. I doubt that Pochettino is joining us so I think it is an interim manager until the summer and if that is Moyes... so be it.

Unfortunately, it does reinforce the argument we are a mediocre club where fans have big aspiration which with a couple of exceptions have proved delusional.
The board or owner or both have not moved the club onwards an inch since Bill Kenwright was in charge in fact we have gone backwards.

Chelsea are nothing special

Utd away you can get a draw out of

Arsenal are as spineless as us

Any half decent manager with the fanbase behind them can get something from these next 3.

This is where cool heads at boardroom realise that and interview proper candidates whilst the Goodison siren/fans do the work.

Our board however are bumbling idiots who will be probably running round crying for Moyes to return.

Yeah nothing special but somehow in the top 4 - Utd have just beaten Spurs at home

We've been beaten by Norwich and Sheffield Utd at home

Anyone who thinks we're waltzing our way out of this particular mess without drastic action needs to give their head a serious wobble

Are we thinking that by the summer they´ll have actually found someone better? I´m not convinced that´ll be the case. If Moyes arrives, my money is on him sticking around.

Status
Not open for further replies.