Match Thread Liverpool v Everton - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone notice how reluctant many of the players were to be aggressive at 50/50s? The RS didn’t hold back and won the majority. Either their soft or the Gomes injury has impacted them. Iwobi and Digne we’re definitely bottling out of challenges.

Just caught up with result. I posted a day or so ago that I’d be made up if our brave lion hearts could restrict a loss to 2-3 goals.
In short then, I have to say I’m proud of our brave lads...and our great club

NSNO

Just watched MOTD.

At 2-1, the foul by VVD on DCL was 'clear and obvious'.

We were cheated at that point.

Not saying that the final outcome would have been different, but had we got it back to 2-2, it would have had a different complexion...
That was in a 5 minute spell, when we should have had a pen and Arnold should have seen red for standing on two players, could have changed the game, but what do you expect with Atknson on VAR

oc60q682yo241.jpg

At least there were no controversial VAR goals or injury time winners for that lot.
We lost through our own crappy weak willed play, poor defensive set ups and generally poor game and team management.
Frustrating! Annoying! Embarrassing!
I refuse to watch any game involving them (I was one of the few on here who didn’t put myself through the torture of watching them in the CL final), and I didn’t see the game live tonight, but having just watched the highlights on MOTD (purely because I wanna see the end of Silva’s reign) Van Dijk should have been off and it should have been a pen, and that was when the score was at 2-1. So, a pen to make it 2-2 against 10 men...Van Dijk would also have missed 3 games for a straight red.

No question Liverpool were miles better, and were so without five regular starters such is the gulf in quality between the two teams, but that one incident was massive in the game. The ref got it wrong by thinking Van Dijk couldn’t have made an error, but why VAR wasn’t used I have no idea.

If I hear another Blue say we have been here before,
mention Howards Way, Oxford United and Adrian Heath,
FFS that was 35 years ago wont e happening with this shower

Status
Not open for further replies.