Match Thread Liverpool v Everton - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
It might have turned things, but you know how it is. If it had been the other way around, then yes, automatic pen for them and a red card for us. Unfortunately, we need more than a bit of luck or VAR to get us out of this mess... but wouldn't mind if we could just get a fraction of the good fortune they seem to be blessed with.
It's not good fortune. Blatant cheating by the officials.

I was in a conversion about death recently. I said that I wasn't that scared of dying as such, but I regretted the thought of not finding out what happens in this world in the future. Will we control climate change?, how will humanity cope will a massively rising population?, how are Everton doing?

This mightn't be a bad time to die.

In one way he cannot go after last night because we all knew the result so if he has to go it should already have happened the result last night was a foregone conclusion and in itself should have no bearing on their decision.It was against the form team in the league 17 places above us and as Shankly once said " the league table doesn't lie ".
I have never felt like this in my whole 70 years following Everton .
Before we got Moshiri I said many times that a having billionaire might not be all they are cracked up to be ,little did I know how terrible it could turn out to be .We are in a relegation fight and don't believe this rubbish that we are only so many points off eighth ,if we cannot get points at all then that is of no significance .If we are lucky we can limp on until the transfer window but even then there is no guarantee we will get a striker .
I do believe that a goal scorer will change the whole scenario but I also believed we had a chance last night !

In fairness to Silva we have been desperately unlucky with injuries this season.

I’m looking at that squad yesterday mate and I genuinely think they could take us down. That’s how bad some of them are. They’ve either been carried by premier league clubs surrounded by talent, been a “has been” somewhere else or come through our bang average under-23s championship level producing talent system.

In one way he cannot go after last night because we all knew the result so if he has to go it should already have happened the result last night was a foregone conclusion and in itself should have no bearing on their decision.It was against the form team in the league 17 places above us and as Shankly once said " the league table doesn't lie ".
I have never felt like this in my whole 70 years following Everton .
Before we got Moshiri I said many times that a having billionaire might not be all they are cracked up to be ,little did I know how terrible it could turn out to be .We are in a relegation fight and don't believe this rubbish that we are only so many points off eighth ,if we cannot get points at all then that is of no significance .If we are lucky we can limp on until the transfer window but even then there is no guarantee we will get a striker .
I do believe that a goal scorer will change the whole scenario but I also believed we had a chance last night !

It’s also a monumental gamble to put more transfer budget in at a time that could eventually see us bankrupt if we go down.

I do worry that the financial fair play is looming for us at some point with the income we have as a club being pretty low in comparison to others.

I was really looking forward to this one but fell asleep about 7:30 pm and missed the whole game. Been watching the brief highlights and have to say that our defence looked confused, like they were not sure what to do. But to be fair, from what I saw, the whole team looked overrun when Liverpool came forward, not just our defence. Anyway, I can see us getting our revenge against them in the FA Cup though, we may even keep it down to three goals this time.

Woke up and started watching just before they got the second. After our first we started to look ok, but their 3rd killed us, especially when we could have scored 30 seconds earlier. When they got the 4th I had to go to work. Was surprised to find out we only lost 5-2.
For my obligatory slagging off the RS viewpoint, they went in studs up too often and play a lot of long balls. Again.

Status
Not open for further replies.