Pochettino

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't accept this notion that Everton can't get Poch. Let's remember he was manager of Southampton before joining Spurs. Koeman was a Southampton manager, with a great pedigree as a player, became a manager @ Everton.

Poch is not yet ready to manage a big club as he hasn't won anything yet to put on his CV. The expectations of big clubs are to win trophies. Simple as that. Poch has no track record.

Everton is the right project for him. He can develop Everton's youth. Retain the high pressing game. Plus have the luxury of having money to spend on players and build a winning team.

I don't accept this notion that Everton can't get Poch. Let's remember he was manager of Southampton before joining Spurs. Koeman was a Southampton manager, with a great pedigree as a player, became a manager @ Everton.

Poch is not yet ready to manage a big club as he hasn't won anything yet to put on his CV. The expectations of big clubs are to win trophies. Simple as that. Poch has no track record.

Everton is the right project for him. He can develop Everton's youth. Retain the high pressing game. Plus have the luxury of having money to spend on players and build a winning team.
Great shout / post, agree with all that but I do think one of the Champions League clubs or Man U will be in for him, he’s top draw and I’d have him here in a heartbeat...

Didn't stop Utd going after Moyes.

Not exactly a surfeit of great managers out there for the monied elite and he's still got the flavour of the month thing going as a result of the myth he alone transformed Spurs.

Great shout / post, agree with all that but I do think one of the Champions League clubs or Man U will be in for him, he’s top draw and I’d have him here in a heartbeat...

Will Man U consider him as a David Moyes part 2? That's the question. I suspect Man U will OGS otherwise another sacking will mean they fall further behind in terms of wasted investment on players and direction.

Both Emery and Pellegrini are ready to join list of available managers.

Our convincing win against West Ham proved to be against very poor opposition.

Doesn't Poch hate not being in charge of transfers? I thought that was partly why he started sulking over there?

If so he's not going any where near us. Never mind that we're a bag of cack.

I think this guy goes to wolves very soon after santos goes to Arsenal when emery is likely to be sacked after getting beat today

Will Man U consider him as a David Moyes part 2? That's the question. I suspect Man U will OGS otherwise another sacking will mean they fall further behind in terms of wasted investment on players and direction.
See what your saying but don’t think he’s no Moyes 2 and certainly no risk, took a similar club from top ten to top four, CL regulars and a final while building a new ground. Sounds like familiar requirements to just what me need. Did he down tools a little to move on to bigger things? Not sure.

Your right, we sound like the perfect project & next move for him and money to spend, just repeat his Spurs achievements and we’d all be very happy, just think he will have too many other offers in the table. Who knows ?

I'm going to be bold and say Poch's path to a big club isn't as straightforward.

He could move to Arsenal but may not due to local rivalry.

He can't move to Chelsea because Frankie is a legend and is doing a great job.

West Ham is a club for muppets.

OGS is in charge of Man U and it would be unthinkable to sack OGS just to get Poch. Poch could bide his time but he could be waiting forever.

Abroad:

I suspect Barcelona and Real are looking for managers who have a track record of winning trophies.

He could manage other European sides but really the EPL is where the money is at the moment. Everton is a bigger club than Spurs.

His options are limited when you think about it. The idea that he has a plethora of offers are based on fantasy instead of hard evidence.

Status
Not open for further replies.