Pochettino

Status
Not open for further replies.
He is a very good manager. I am not sure he is what this club needs currently though. We need fight.

He is a reserved character, and his teams have shown often to wilt when big prizes are in the offing.

He is a very good manager. I am not sure he is what this club needs currently though. We need fight.

He is a reserved character, and his teams have shown often to wilt when big prizes are in the offing.

Point taken. What is the type of manager we need long term tho? I mean we can’t keep looking for stability every 18 months, there has to be a time when someone or some people step up particularly at board level and really move this club forward, otherwise what’s the point? Just exist in the top flight being careful what we wish for etc etc.

We wont be getting him, while he might not come here anyway his contract situation with Spurs makes it too difficult and expensive, the pay off will be massive, it's not happening.
Remember when we got into a argument with the Dutch National side and we wanted them to cover what we had to pay off Koeman, but it didnt work, Spurs arnt as stupid as us and have a water tight contract with him.

Point taken. What is the type of manager we need long term tho? I mean we can’t keep looking for stability every 18 months, there has to be a time when someone or some people step up particularly at board level and really move this club forward, otherwise what’s the point? Just exist in the top flight being careful what we wish for etc etc.

I think we need a mix of Steel and charm.

The RS manager has it. Guardiola has it.
Mourinho had it and probably still does but has got embroiled in controversial issues that have undermined him in recent stewardship (the Chelsea physio).

I would like Simeone or someone of the ilk.

That was why Brands was brought in. To find the right people to take the club forward.

Can he deliver, as this is such a pivitol moment for the clubs entire future.

Relegation and no stadium would do terminal damage.

Status
Not open for further replies.