2019/20 Djibril Sidibe

Status
Not open for further replies.
....players are in a different financial universe these days, so it’s highly unlikely they’ll live in any city centre. Regardless, for him to say Liverpool is a ‘sad Town’ is not only incorrect, it’s a slight on those who live there, many of who support the club.

Isn’t it possible his comment has been misconstrued as a consequence of English not being his native tongue? I’ve not seen the comment or the context it was in, but it could have been said in complete innocence.

You might be right there. I assume the interview was in French, so I'm guessing the word he used was 'triste'. Sad would be quite a literal translation of the word, in this context he may have been more likely to mean 'gloomy' or 'bleak', you can use the word triste to talk about the weather.
Maybe he was just talking about Everton’s crowd, I know I’ve been very sad watching Everton at Goodison this season.

Isn’t it possible his comment has been misconstrued as a consequence of English not being his native tongue? I’ve not seen the comment or the context it was in, but it could have been said in complete innocence.

...I think that’s a fair point, Tony. I’m sure if he comes out and says something to that affect, it will help.

You might be right there. I assume the interview was in French, so I'm guessing the word he used was 'triste'. Sad would be quite a literal translation of the word, in this context he may have been more likely to mean 'gloomy' or 'bleak', you can use the word triste to talk about the weather.

Exactement. Bravo Monsiour Lanolin.

Fancy saying that in a thread thats complaining about a foreign player potentially stereotyping the city. The irony is pure gold.
So you think Sidibe was making a joke and we all missed it? What a top spot thanks for the heads up.

Stand down chaps it was all a josh :bye:

Status
Not open for further replies.