2019/20 Djibril Sidibe

Status
Not open for further replies.
They are, I grew up in Liverpool for many years before discovering some of its more attractive areas. He has only been here for a short time and is unlikely to have seen much beyond his routes to work, which are not truly representative of the whole city. Even if he was only talking about the city centre there is a lot to admire about Liverpool.
He's not pretending to be Alan Whicker, he's just answered a question about where he lives. The fact that you disagree with him doesn't make it prejudiced.

They are, I grew up in Liverpool for many years before discovering some of its more attractive areas. He has only been here for a short time and is unlikely to have seen much beyond his routes to work, which are not truly representative of the whole city. Even if he was only talking about the city centre there is a lot to admire about Liverpool.

Before you discovered the attractive areas how would you have described the city?

Before you discovered the attractive areas how would you have described the city?
Just intervening to have my say. Having worked all over Merseyside there are some real poor places driven by poverty but some really nice places too. Having lived in quite a few cities like London Manchester they also have these same places. For me I don't think this french lad had seen anything of Liverpool prob reflecting more in the weather than anywhere in Liverpool that he knows. Only sees Finch farm and bits of Walton when he is on the coach being driven to the ground

He's not pretending to be Alan Whicker, he's just answered a question about where he lives. The fact that you disagree with him doesn't make it prejudiced.

Not prejudiced, prejudicial - as in making a statement without a clearer knowledge. I am not having a pop at him, just what I consider to be an ill-informed view.

I am all too aware of the largely deprived areas of the city, having grown up in a few of them, and I don't think I am being overly defensive. He is entitled to live wherever he wants, but Alderley Edge is not some kind of paradise either.

I was too young to have formed an overview, we moved out of Everton when I was 8 yrs. old to go and live in Speke.

It was the need to travel across the city that opened my eyes to more affluent places and greener suburbs. I have always loved the city centre, even when it was soot black, but once the buildings were cleaned up it was a revelation.

What he knows about Liverpool is basically going to be what he sees driving to the ground I'm guessing. He'll have no in-depth knowledge of the place.

With that in mind, the area around Goodison is a deprived area of the city. He's not wrong.

It's only a slight if you want it to be one.

Does make me laugh how people get all offended by it yet are happy to have a pop at Manchester in comparison.

....it’s not about Liverpool v Manchester, it’s really about respecting the club and it’s supporters. If he has strong feelings, he should have the decency of keeping them to himself. Things like this matter to a lot of fans.

I went to Paris about 10 years ago wasn’t impressed to be honest. The Eiffel tower was like a jarg Blackpool tower with beware of pick pocket signs all the way up. I could see why this happens if am honest not all it’s cracked up to be. Paris syndrome (French: syndrome de Paris, Japanese: パリ症候群, pari shōkōgun) is a condition exhibited by some individuals when visiting or going on vacation to Paris, as a result of extreme shock at discovering that Paris is different from their expectations.

I can understand you on this but people going crazy that a foreigner was'nt too impressed with the city centre of Liverpool compared to living in countryside of Cheshire or said he'd prefer Manchester of the two cities? Liverpool is a city that has done work to improve image and reputation but still is about the 5th or 6th most visited city in UK ;-( Paris is most visited city in world ;-) I live here in Paris and there would be no way in hell I'd move from here to Liverpool for numerous reasons ! People are super nice in Liverpool alright but I've lived all over Ireland, UK, France, Belgium, Switzerland, Croatia, Spain and Canada but I'd never live in Ireland or UK now even though I love my home town :)

I can understand you on this but people going crazy that a foreigner was'nt too impressed with the city centre of Liverpool compared to living in countryside of Cheshire or said he'd prefer Manchester of the two cities? Liverpool is a city that has done work to improve image and reputation but still is about the 5th or 6th most visited city in UK ;-( Paris is most visited city in world ;-) I live here in Paris and there would be no way in hell I'd move from here to Liverpool for numerous reasons ! People are super nice in Liverpool alright but I've lived all over Ireland, UK, France, Belgium, Switzerland, Croatia, Spain and Canada but I'd never live in Ireland or UK now even though I love my home town :)
I am not seeing anyone going crazy, just a few locals disagreeing with his views.

This lad seems as unaware in his head as he is on the pitch.

And of matters "sad" his wrestle with a football as he turns whilst desperately trying not to land on his arse is one of the saddest spectacles I've seen on a football pitch in many years. As ungainly as a giraffe with two left feet he's far from the solution to the right back issue but fortunately for all concerned he will be elsewhere by the end of the season. What a dullard.

This lad seems as unaware in his head as he is on the pitch.

And of matters "sad" his wrestle with a football as he turns whilst desperately trying not to land on his arse is one of the saddest spectacles I've seen on a football pitch in many years. As ungainly as a giraffe with two left feet he's far from the solution to the right back issue but fortunately for all concerned he will be elsewhere by the end of the season. What a dullard.
And yet he's still a marked improvement on what Coleman's been offering the last few years

Yeah i get where your coming from like. It’s just preference tho really some people don’t like living in city’s altogether An would rather be out in the county. For me am from Liverpool an love my City. I would pick here over Paris every time because am not French an when I was there at least I didn’t think it was all it was cracked up to be an the people are rude an arrogant but as I said we are all different an this is my City. If you ask someone from Paris to swap it for Liverpool they wouldn’t too. That said if I had millions I would be gone because I love been in the sun an don’t cope well with the cold an it’s always cold here haha.

Status
Not open for further replies.