2019/20 Djibril Sidibe

Status
Not open for further replies.
....it’s not about Liverpool v Manchester, it’s really about respecting the club and it’s supporters. If he has strong feelings, he should have the decency of keeping them to himself. Things like this matter to a lot of fans.

Again they only matter if you want them to matter.

Not saying its about Liverpool vs Manchester per se, just seeing people saying stuff like "how dare he say Liverpool is crap, Manchester is worse" like its really offensive to attack our city but attacking another one to counter it is fine.

He obviously doesn't have that strong feelings because he just said it was a bit sad whatever that means. I wouldn't live in Liverpool if I played for us to be honest, there are nice parts like any other city but the roads are horrendous.

Again they only matter if you want them to matter.

Not saying its about Liverpool vs Manchester per se, just seeing people saying stuff like "how dare he say Liverpool is crap, Manchester is worse" like its really offensive to attack our city but attacking another one to counter it is fine.

He obviously doesn't have that strong feelings because he just said it was a bit sad whatever that means. I wouldn't live in Liverpool if I played for us to be honest, there are nice parts like any other city but the roads are horrendous.

....as I said, very few players live in Cities and I wouldn’t expect them to. This is about him being critical of a place I doubt he truly knows and where much of the clubs fan base live. It would be the same for any player criticising the place where his club is based.

i think his public comments are worthy of criticism.

....as I said, very few players live in Cities and I wouldn’t expect them to. This is about him being critical of a place I doubt he truly knows and where much of the clubs fan base live. It would be the same for any player criticising the place where his club is based.

Fair enough, I don't think they are personally. He has barely said anything. He is not really criticizing the place as such is he?

The sight of heroin addict hookers on Shiel road makes me feel sad.

Whole streets of boarded up houses selling for a pound, right in the shadow of 2 grounds where people flock to worship multi millionaires. That’s quite sad.

Maybe we shouldn’t mention deprivation. Just pretend it’s not there in case we upset anyone.

Don't think Sidibe has been down Sheil road tbh.Worked all over Liverpool some bad places some good places. Same as everywhere. Usually the worst areas are the most poverty stricken.Worked in other cities Manchester try Cheetham Hill or Ordsall. London try Lambeth or Tottenham. Even when I lived in Plymouth there were some really crap areas. Not having a go at other cities just reinforcing that most cities and towns have these run down areas.
As soon as Sidibe made his comments the national press and Talksport Were all reporting that Liverpool is a sad town. The players should be told to be more carefull as the Southern press love portraying northern places like Liverpool as grim crime infested areas.
Sidibe as I said in a previous comment probably only ever sees Finch farm or travelling from finch farm to goodison. So not the most qualified to speak. Just wonder if he meant his comments to be about the weather

I agree with this no one cares that players don’t live in the city. An I couldn’t careless myself I just want them to play well for Everton but we should care when a player who plays for our club that is in the city of Liverpool comes out an says it’s a sad place. He can think what he likes but it’s pretty stupid coming out with the comments he came out with.

My son was at University in Manchester and lived in some depressing and crime-riddled areas with bars on the windows because students are fair game. He was also mugged at knifepoint. I hated visiting some of the places he lived in.

I am sure it is the same in all major university cities, but there are also wonderful parts of Manchester and Liverpool. Sidibe's comments are ill-informed and prejudicial in this respect.
I went to uni in Birmingham. Plenty of the houses around Selley oak are absolutely dreadful too - not quite bare in the windows stuff but not nice.

as was said a fewpages back, if you’re a mega rich footballer you’d probably not live in a shot hole part of any city, but that said there’s plenty of nice places to live in or around liverpool

I went to Paris about 10 years ago wasn’t impressed to be honest. The Eiffel tower was like a jarg Blackpool tower with beware of pick pocket signs all the way up. I could see why this happens if am honest not all it’s cracked up to be. Paris syndrome (French: syndrome de Paris, Japanese: パリ症候群, pari shōkōgun) is a condition exhibited by some individuals when visiting or going on vacation to Paris, as a result of extreme shock at discovering that Paris is different from their expectations.
Anyone claiming to suffer Paris syndrome is a dope. Lovely city; just try spending some of your time away from the worst tourist traps to find out.

way better than Rome, not as good as madrid or berlin. All of which are waaaay better than London.

that’s my rating of major European capitals. I might publish a travel guide.

Status
Not open for further replies.