2019/20 Marco Silva

Status
Not open for further replies.
i hope he runs our midfield for 10 years and becomes the player he promises mate. We're seeing players develop faster at other clubs, look at Sancho at Dortmund and Mount at Chelsea, just better, more talented players who are capable. We have been an incubator for 'maybes' for years without a diamond. You can understand the cynicism when a lad plays a bit better against a god awful side like Southampton.

Yeah i know that Pal. I still think if you look close enough you can see a hybrid plan, to recruit raw and develop academy players, if that is a plan then i think you have to back it and the management team - Brands included.

I get what you say about Sancho, Mount etc, but they have a different context, they are all part of an arms race at City and Chelsea hoovering up the best talent around either fairly or unfairly, all those players had the force an issue at one stage and another and leave the clubs to play games, same goes for all the "young players" at Chelsea in particular. We are a different kettle of fish, we cant and wont loan out 40 odd players to develop them. There are more loosers then winners at Chelsea in particularly and Sancho had t leave the country to get a game. Its why i think Silva has been brave either through necessity or philosophy.

Think sides against Southampton, if that is our approach are the games to develop these lads, it might have been Southampton, biut it was a must win pressure game none the less. Funny i never worry about games VS the top 8, its games against mid table and bottom teams we usually get bitten by.

Here is our bet mate, on the 27th of September you suggested he needed 7 points or he'd be sacked.

28th

Everton 1-3 City
Burnley 1-0 Everton
Everton 2-0 West Ham

Not sacked mate, as i speculated. I'm no ITK, just realise there is no way we're gonna sack him after the very public and acrimonious dispute with Watford. He's only got ~18 months left on his contract, whatever everyones thoughts on his he's not a manager we should have went after and certainly not one we should look to keep beyond his contract.

£10 to Claire House please mate ;)

I'll return your bet by saying i still don't think he will be sacked this season unless he going on another awful run, December will be very,very difficult on him and the players he has. I wouldn't be surprised if he gets sacked during december but thats on the owners for hiring a manager incapable of beating the top teams which he has displayed through his career.
A685C23B-E924-421C-B923-77FA4822955A.png

Done

I don’t think he will be sacked now unless he goes on another ridiculous run, looks like he’s here for the season.

December could be really horrid. Hopefully, 3 points against Norwich to get some momentum going. Silva does not seem to have a problem motivating the team against the big clubs so hopefully we can pick up some points!

Benitez got relegated with Newcastle in similar times mate.
Mancini won't quit Italy to take a chance on Moshiri and our fanbase...

Its the likes of Wilder, Howe, who would climb over broken glass to be here that would take the role.

Silva is clearly very talented and deserves a fair crack of the whip. Moshiri really needs to stick to his guns, if anything to prove to managers he isn't trigger happy and bays to the blood of the fanbase.

Let's remember the facts..

Lost both his first choice CMs
Countless times individual errors let him down
VAR decisions
No CB cover

Yes we have had some poor results but sacking the manager, changing all backroom staff, bringing in new types of players blah blah isn't gonna automatically propel us upwards.

You know yesterday only four of the starting line up were players bought under Silva. All of whom were excellent.

It sounds odd but I've been quite impressed with him post Sheffield United and certainly after West Ham. He has avoided playing the same players in the same shape each week. There has been lots of rotation and he has shown to some level that nobody is above being dropped. It would have been easy to put Sigurdsson straight backing after his goal against West Ham but he avoided that fate.

I really like Iwobi at 10 but his sloppy play for that goal saw him dropped which would only be fair.

As you say we lost a key player in Gana (and to a degree Zouma) and he has really been without his replacement Gbamin and also Delph for large periods. Gomes being injured also does;t help and nor does Bernard. I suspect those 4 would have all started in his ideal starting 11 at the beginning of a season.

The next period is make or break for him. On the one hand you look at the fixtures we've had and look at the sides to come you would say we'd be looking at maybe 20 points at Christmas and probably being in the bottom 6 at that point. It's hard to see him lasting much longer after that. However you can take an alternate view, which is we tend to perform better against said teams and we can actually build a bit of momentum, and perhaps go into the new year still in touching distance of the top 5.

There is no indication that this current slump (the 2nd lengthy slump of his tenure) is even over yet. Narrowly beating a team that would currently even struggle in league 2 doesn't mean zilch. There were no signs that we are suddenly going to be good from now on and the slump is over. They really should have been proactive and organised weeks ago to replace him at the start of this international break no matter what so as to at least give us a chance for the December run and beyond.

We will be lucky to even get a point in the December run with this man in charge. Hasn't got a clue what he is doing and is that desperate and arrogantly uncritical of himself that he is putting our poor start and league position down to VAR decisions. Lets just forget about the fact that we have been mostly poor this season and that dodgy ref decisions existed long before VAR was brought in and is a lame excuse for any manager. You have to win games regardless of things going against you, never been any different. Nothing worse than a tit that wont even take responsibility. You wont improve if you dont even acknowledge you need to.

This man is the very definition of mediocrity.

Bravo mate, I hope I’m wrong too. Think he will get the bullet in December personally. No way he’s getting to 30 points.
I think if we get close to 12 pts between now and 1st of January then he'll be safe. You'd argue there's 4 winnable fixtures in there. Of course we don't adhere to the normal laws of prediction. When u think we'll win we don't and when it's a gaurenteed loss we surprise

December could be really horrid. Hopefully, 3 points against Norwich to get some momentum going. Silva does not seem to have a problem motivating the team against the big clubs so hopefully we can pick up some points!

We are a big club. We are not currently a big team or even remotely showing it but we are big a club as any we face in december.

Status
Not open for further replies.