2019/20 Marco Silva

Status
Not open for further replies.
This could also go in the 'breaking news that nobody cares about' thread

I've had a mini damascus moment.
I looked at the league table, then I though what a shight season weve had.
We were robbed Vs Brighton, some how managed to lose at home to Sheff, Untd, even at Bournemouth ffs, blah, blah, blah etc.
Even if we managed by some miracle to spawn 2 wins out of 3 there, we still would be having a shight season

So I looked at the table again, put in 3pts for Brighton, then put in 3pts for Sheff U.

Go on do it and tell me what you see.

I've been shouting for him to go for ages, but I see now Silva's going nowhere just yet.
Do I think he's the solution? No.
There's a lot more games for him to 'kup yet before it will get to the taxi stage.

(And don't forget the lack of a proper candidate. Potential loss of face for Moshiri, the cost of paying him off. Finding MORE money for the new bloke, they always want to spend a bit)

Theres also a lot more games for him to pinch points here and there
There is now clear daylight between 17th and the bottom 3 and daylight between us and Villa.
I expect Palace to continue their downward trend.
Add to that the doable prospect of 3pts Vs Norwich...though I do expect our customary charity for Pukki to break his goal drought

Like I said somewhere else...

He hasn't got to walk on the water, just keep his head above it.

Might as well throw the 3 pts our way for the Villa game because we somehow managed to lose that mate, and the Bournemouth game, thinking about it, the Burnley game as well.

So what you are saying is, pretend we won some games we lost and add the points on to see how high up the table we are?

Sure, why not? Add 3 points for every game, we will be top of the league. Let’s taunt kopites today saying we are top of the league..........in our own heads.

Apart from that bit, I agree he’s probably going nowhere. If we beat Norwich it could lead to a decent December as I’m not scared of either United or Arsenal.

But equally and what is the overriding problem, it is very feasible for this side to lose at home to Norwich and go on another stinking run, as that’s what he has done so far in his Everton career.
Add 9 more points to that... and we are laughing
@LouReedwalkonthewildside You've all missed the point about the 2 games and the others
It shows how poor Silva is and how little he would've had to have done - but didn't and can't.

Let's forget the 'what ifs' and focus on the actuals -- for the 10 games so far that we can compare with the same fixtures last season, Silva has collected 9 points more. Only by losing at Burnley have we failed to at least match last season's result.

Benitez got relegated with Newcastle in similar times mate.
Mancini won't quit Italy to take a chance on Moshiri and our fanbase...

Its the likes of Wilder, Howe, who would climb over broken glass to be here that would take the role.

Silva is clearly very talented and deserves a fair crack of the whip. Moshiri really needs to stick to his guns, if anything to prove to managers he isn't trigger happy and bays to the blood of the fanbase.

Let's remember the facts..

Lost both his first choice CMs
Countless times individual errors let him down
VAR decisions
No CB cover

Yes we have had some poor results but sacking the manager, changing all backroom staff, bringing in new types of players blah blah isn't gonna automatically propel us upwards.

You know yesterday only four of the starting line up were players bought under Silva. All of whom were excellent.

Silva is. Pearly talented? Please explain how this is clear

Let’s look at the facts? Fact is he has shipped goals for fun at every single club he’s managed in this country. League high last season and so far this season

The win on Saturday was more than welcome .
Being in the relegation zone or close to it is certainly not going to help us as a club if the manager stays or leaves.

I think there is no desire to change managers at the moment and it will have to be forced onto the board by us slipping into the bottom three and staying there for a while.

I think the situation will be reviewed after the end of the season and if we are midtable or worse by then I think at that stage he will be left go and another manager brought in.
I would like to see the terms of the managers contract, to see what the cost of letting him go would be. After the previous mistakes that were made I would hope that releasing him from his contract would not be as expensive as before. I would guess there are performance related stipulations in there to protect both sides.

After Sam Allyrdyce I expect there is very little appetite to appoint another interim manager and the club would like to get through to the summer and then chase whatever manager Brands wants to bring to the club.

He’s done nothing so far at Everton to suggest he is anything other than mediocre at best.

I would expect that even the likes of Moyes and Allardyce would at minimum have given a better return points wise.

But that’s Everton and that’s where we are I guess.

He may have done better with a bit more luck, but if my aunty had knackers she’d be my uncle.

The win on Saturday was more than welcome .
Being in the relegation zone or close to it is certainly not going to help us as a club if the manager stays or leaves.

I think there is no desire to change managers at the moment and it will have to be forced onto the board by us slipping into the bottom three and staying there for a while.

I think the situation will be reviewed after the end of the season and if we are midtable or worse by then I think at that stage he will be left go and another manager brought in.
I would like to see the terms of the managers contract, to see what the cost of letting him go would be. After the previous mistakes that were made I would hope that releasing him from his contract would not be as expensive as before. I would guess there are performance related stipulations in there to protect both sides.

After Sam Allyrdyce I expect there is very little appetite to appoint another interim manager and the club would like to get through to the summer and then chase whatever manager Brands wants to bring to the club.
Well after this season he would have a year left I can't imagine it being too much money.

He’s done nothing so far at Everton to suggest he is anything other than mediocre at best.

I would expect that even the likes of Moyes and Allardyce would at minimum have given a better return points wise.

But that’s Everton and that’s where we are I guess.

He may have done better with a bit more luck, but if my aunty had knackers she’d be my uncle.
Well said. Moyes or fat Sam would have more points at this stage. That’s how bad things are!

Storming, forming and norming, a raft of new players and terrible injuries.

Doing well with the adversities handed to him, some of our own making some really bad luck.

Question for me is how did we get here after showing some of the best form in the league to finish the season and what facites were unavoidable.

Silva will get us there again because hes a good manager.

Well after this season he would have a year left I can't imagine it being too much money.
I really do think that is part of the reasoning and an inability to get the replacement we might want just now would be another reason.

If bringing in David Moyes until the end of the season is the alternative then I would stay with Silva for a while longer.

Aye mental here, its telling we're relieved to have barely beaten the worst side in the league after they just shipped 9 at home Tom Davies is now the new Bryan Robson and Richarlison is Pele, but here we are friends.

He can’t be.

I base that on the way Koeman was potted with similar results.

Next 3 games at least 7 points or Mosh will pot him.
Here is our bet mate, on the 27th of September you suggested he needed 7 points or he'd be sacked.

28th

Everton 1-3 City
Burnley 1-0 Everton
Everton 2-0 West Ham

Not sacked mate, as i speculated. I'm no ITK, just realise there is no way we're gonna sack him after the very public and acrimonious dispute with Watford. He's only got ~18 months left on his contract, whatever everyones thoughts on his he's not a manager we should have went after and certainly not one we should look to keep beyond his contract.

£10 to Claire House please mate ;)

I'll return your bet by saying i still don't think he will be sacked this season unless he going on another awful run, December will be very,very difficult on him and the players he has. I wouldn't be surprised if he gets sacked during december but thats on the owners for hiring a manager incapable of beating the top teams which he has displayed through his career.

Aye mental here, its telling we're relieved to have barely beaten the worst side in the league after they just shipped 9 at home Tom Davies is now the new Bryan Robson and Richarlison is Pele, but here we are friends.

Tom has a touch of old school Brian Robsons, as a no 8, though Robson was a bit harder, but you could get away with a lot more back then, offensively i can see similarities. Toms problem is consistency. Richarlison, as an inside forward is cashing cheuqes and providing returns some one his age shouldn't, people forget how young he is. Frank at Chelsea is getting all types of plaudits for playing young lads and developing them, when we are doing it regularly as well. Silva is actually quite brave.

A bit of perspective is needed these lads are really young as professional footballers, everyone wants to play and develop young players, but then quick to undermine that development through knee jerk criticism when every game isn't won, or when it is, undermining the win.

He has a touch of old school Brian Robson, a no 8, though Robson was a bit harder, but you could get away with a lot more back then, offensively i can see similarities. Toms problem is consistency. Richarlison, as an inside forward is cashing cheuqes and providing returns some one his age shouldn't, people forget how young he is. Frank at Chelsea is getting all types of plaudits for playing young lads, when we are doing regularly as well. Silva is actually quite brave.

A bit of perspective is needed these lads are really young as professional footballers, everyone wants to play and develop young players, but then quick to undermine that development through knee jerk criticism when every game isn't won, or when it is, undermining the win.
i hope he runs our midfield for 10 years and becomes the player he promises mate. We're seeing players develop faster at other clubs, look at Sancho at Dortmund and Mount at Chelsea, just better, more talented players who are capable. We have been an incubator for 'maybes' for years without a diamond. You can understand the cynicism when a lad plays a bit better against a god awful side like Southampton.

Status
Not open for further replies.