2019/20 Marco Silva

Status
Not open for further replies.
I get what you are saying but we should never have been in a situation to need to appoint Sam Allardyce in the first place.
if we had of appointed silva straight after unsy we'd be playing Barnsley and luton this season,. that is for sure. we dodged a bullet there, but we still seem like we want silva to take us down at all costs

I thought it would have been a decent shout at the time, I don't understand why someones past with LFC should rule anyone out, be they players or managers. Same with Benitez. If he is the best available, it doesn't bother me where they were before.
It's bad enough the stick you get here when the RS are all happy as Larry - getting Fact man or Brenda in would just be the ultimate humiliation. What is wrong with youz?!

It was bad enough watching Sammy Lee dancing around behind Salad Dice in the manager area - what is it with these RS fans pretending to be Blues here?

It's bad enough the stick you get here when the RS are all happy as Larry - getting Fact man or Brenda in would just be the ultimate humiliation. What is wrong with youz?!

I certainly would'nt feel humiliated if Brenda got us into the top four....we have more talent on our books than Leicester, lets face it. Same with Benitez. We could just prove how wrong the RS were to let them go. Have you never forgiven the late great Dave Hickson for signing for the RS?

Isn't anyone secretly wishing we had got Brenda instead of Leicester?

I said I rated him while at Celtic and that he'd go on to manage a top six club and plenty laughed. He's a very good manager and he'll do great things at Leicester. Liverpool job came too soon for him but he'll probably be a shoo in if any other top six jobs became available, including City.

I thought it would have been a decent shout at the time, I don't understand why someones past with LFC should rule anyone out, be they players or managers. Same with Benitez. If he is the best available, it doesn't bother me where they were before.

Benitez is a top manager too, my concern would be that he's lost his edge. He's got nothing to prove really and perhaps that's why he's gone to China. I don't believe he'll be there long, it's whether or not he is eager to return to the Prem when he's done there.

Ideally, obviously, I'd rather we hired neither. There are better, more realistic choices available to us as and when Silva does go.

Hello all

I can't be arsed to read through 816+ pages, so this may have been covered (I'm sure it was), but do you think keeping Silva & limping to the finish or sacking immediately & going the caretaker route would be worse?

I'm not at all convinced that we'll be relegated because it's November, primarily. If we continue to average 1 pt/game, well then yes, of course we're in trouble. Before assumptions are made, I'm in the Silva out camp, but in the summer not right now.

if we had of appointed silva straight after unsy we'd be playing Barnsley and luton this season,. that is for sure. we dodged a bullet there, but we still seem like we want silva to take us down at all costs
But Silva didn't relegate us last season?

So your logic is flawed there frang

If we appointed him after koeman and talked about 2 years later then sure, that is more truthful.

I said I rated him while at Celtic and that he'd go on to manage a top six club and plenty laughed. He's a very good manager and he'll do great things at Leicester. Liverpool job came too soon for him but he'll probably be a shoo in if any other top six jobs became available, including City.

Benitez is a top manager too, my concern would be that he's lost his edge. He's got nothing to prove really and perhaps that's why he's gone to China. I don't believe he'll be there long, it's whether or not he is eager to return to the Prem when he's done there.

Ideally, obviously, I'd rather we hired neither. There are better, more realistic choices available to us as and when Silva does go.

If Brenda can get Leicester into the top three, one of the big European clubs will come in for him.

Anyway. To me, it's already on the cards, Silva is going, sooner or later. It's just a case of who is going to replace him now.
I agree. He won't be here next season it's clear to see. No matter what happens between now and may, unless he won s trophy or turned us around massively then he will be let go.

I

Status
Not open for further replies.