Francis Jeffers Left Wife ‘Fearing For Her Life’

Status
Not open for further replies.
He would be long forgotten by now if he didn't have 'it'. A cautionary tale for any young lad with their life ahead of them.

100% mate. Howard tried to help him, Sharp even took him to Oldham when he was manager to try and sort him out but by that point (aged just 21) the damage was already done.

You wish you could just shake these lads when they've got the world at their feet but some just can't cope with the fame/money/pressures and take a path that has no way back.

100% mate. Howard tried to help him, Sharp even took him to Oldham when he was manager to try and sort him out but by that point (aged just 21) the damage was already done.

You wish you could just shake these lads when they've got the world at their feet but some just can't cope with the fame/money/pressures and take a path that has no way back.
Just leaves me a little sad now to be fair.

I suspect he would have burnt brightly and then settled into a very good career with us and he might have even been a big part of a better performing team that could have reversed the downward trend to mediocrity in the 90s. He did have that X factor, and who knows how good he could have been?

Hanging around with people who used his fame and relative wealth, being a young lad with no idea how to cope with his injury and the fledgling celebrity, and no idea what the consequences would be of drink and drugs, the club not paying enough attention to safeguard him from outside influences. There's lots of things that went wrong, and I think the lad himself takes it on the chin and says it's his own daft fault now. But yeah, what could've been.

Franny Jeffers though. How did we ever let him return?

In Jose Baxter’s case, he didn’t leave Everton to benefit financially, in fact he was out of work for months. Moyes offered him a new two year contract at 50% less than what he had previously been getting. He declined and until Alan Stubbs got him fixed up with Oldham Ath.he had no job. Later on he did let himself down, he is now back with Oldham I believe.
Plymouth argyll

Just leaves me a little sad now to be fair.

I suspect he would have burnt brightly and then settled into a very good career with us and he might have even been a big part of a better performing team that could have reversed the downward trend to mediocrity in the 90s. He did have that X factor, and who knows how good he could have been?

Hanging around with people who used his fame and relative wealth, being a young lad with no idea how to cope with his injury and the fledgling celebrity, and no idea what the consequences would be of drink and drugs, the club not paying enough attention to safeguard him from outside influences. There's lots of things that went wrong, and I think the lad himself takes it on the chin and says it's his own daft fault now. But yeah, what could've been.

Franny Jeffers though. How did we ever let him return?

Yep, there was the other kid as well whose surname escapes me (George?) who we bought from Darlington. Another one who admitted the money, fame, living away from his fmsiky got to him and he went on a similar path.

Can't remember who he was playing for the last time I checked, a Swedish tema in their 2nd division or something.

I think the thing with Franny Jeffers is we never let him return, he just left his big massive jug ears behind and he's still collecting them as we speak.

Blaming the victim, nice.
I'm not, if you actually read what I'm writing with comprehension. Do you know for a fact who the victim is here? I would guess that both are guilty of something wrong, but has been established, in the thread, the written casual threat is pounced upon by the law .... in this Orwellian society, one does not have to actually DO anything to be found guilty, one just has to be clumsy, PERHAPS, with writing what MIGHT BE a casual threat.

The fact that it ended in court suggests its more than a few drunk texts

The old 'she must have done something to deserve it' reasoning.

If you don't like peoples balanced and reasoned views on this, you know where the door is.

I'd hold it open for you, but you'd probably get offended.

Yep, there was the other kid as well whose surname escapes me (George?) who we bought from Darlington. Another one who admitted the money, fame, living away from his fmsiky got to him and he went on a similar path.

Can't remember who he was playing for the last time I checked, a Swedish tema in their 2nd division or something.

I think the thing with Franny Jeffers is we never let him return, he just left his big massive jug ears behind and he's still collecting them as we speak.
George Green

plays for Boston united mate.

Status
Not open for further replies.