2019/20 Marco Silva

Status
Not open for further replies.
Agree
Reasons to sack now:
He doesn't do anything differently despite five losses in six.
He doesn't try any different players.
He doesn't drop players who play badly and pck ones that are in form.
No different tactics.
No different formation.
His subs are reactive and never work.
We never come back from behind.
We never win away.
Keeping him will prove nothing. We will limp to 15th at best by keeping this absolutely idiot.

We always end games with 8 forwards

I'm full on fuming with the start to this season, more than the last few years, I had genuine optimism this year and boy how foolish was my misplaced hope.

tbf though Toff, even last season during this great form everyone keeps mentioning, we put in pitiful displays away to Fulham, Palace and capitulated away to Newcastle.

Aye but, tbf, I will say the only 'bad' performance really was Fulham. Gana had an off day and Gomes was gash too. Dom missed a sitter early doors and everyone was just flat, including fans. A 'nice' spring trip to London with no bite.

Palace, in all fairness, we controlled that match. Hit the post twice and Guaita made a stunning save he wouldn't make 9/10. Was kind of 'one of them'. Wouldn't call it pitiful at all. Again, Dom missed a sitter (trend).

Newcastle - mitigating factors again. 60 mins great, 30 mins awful, unfortunately inspired by Pickford's head rolling off.

I don't really blame Silva for any of those results as such.

Aye but, tbf, I will say the only 'bad' performance really was Fulham. Gana had an off day and Gomes was gash too. Dom missed a sitter early doors and everyone was just flat, including fans. A 'nice' spring trip to London with no bite.

Palace, in all fairness, we controlled that match. Hit the post twice and Guaita made a stunning save he wouldn't make 9/10. Was kind of 'one of them'. Wouldn't call it pitiful at all. Again, Dom missed a sitter (trend).

Newcastle - mitigating factors again. 60 mins great, 30 mins awful, unfortunately inspired by Pickford's head rolling off.

I don't really blame Silva for any of those results as such.

I blame him for everything mate, including my bad back so we will have to beg to differ lol

In all seriousness though, someone mentioned and made a great point that we are 50 odd games in and really shouldn't be having such a horrific run of performances let alone results, someone like Gueye leaving shouldn't have such an impact ( of course I know he was quality at what he done but we ain't talking Suarsz levels of winning the match single handedly)

You know, I know, we all know it's all just a matter of time before he's binned and as you've mentioned the last couple of weeks, he hasn't helped himself one bit with the same tactics/players/plan getting used week in week out.

The worrying thing is the likes of Villa, Brighton, Sheffield United, Palace... Even Watford and Norwich have all looked better than us.

It's been the case for a long time now under various management. We try and play football on the deck but we don't have good enough players or players with intelligence to play to Silva's style/tactics. We can blame recruitment or injuries but I'm not having it, we just aren't good enough to be replicating a Man City style of play.

Unfortunately its a results business and we need to start being aggressive Everton again, more direct and less predictable.

Hated Big Sam, hated him. But id rather we had a strong head in charge who can get some fight into this team. We need points on the board and we won't get many more playing the way we do.

The worrying thing is the likes of Villa, Brighton, Sheffield United, Palace... Even Watford and Norwich have all looked better than us.

It's been the case for a long time now under various management. We try and play football on the deck but we don't have good enough players or players with intelligence to play to Silva's style/tactics. We can blame recruitment or injuries but I'm not having it, we just aren't good enough to be replicating a Man City style of play.

Unfortunately its a results business and we need to start being aggressive Everton again, more direct and less predictable.

Hated Big Sam, hated him. But id rather we had a strong head in charge who can get some fight into this team. We need points on the board and we won't get many more playing the way we do.
Think you're confusing strength with size

I don’t think any of the teams listed looked better than us when we played them. Apart from Watford they rode their luck and got the results due to us being poor in both boxes but in general, we looked better than them all.

That shouldn’t distract from us underperforming and looking way below were we should be but we were still better than the teams listed.

I don’t think any of the teams listed looked better than us when we played them. Apart from Watford they rode their luck and got the results due to us being poor in both boxes but in general, we looked better than them all.

That shouldn’t distract from us underperforming and looking way below were we should be but we were still better than the teams listed.

I meant in general terms. These teams have put in some decent performances against other teams, top sides and come away with points.

Obviously man for man we are better. But they're being managed better with the resources they have to get results.

This is the worry, this is why relegation is a serious situation, you can not name 3 teams that should come below us, to do so you would be including some of those teams and would take some real delusion.

Status
Not open for further replies.