Votes: 394 49.0%
  • Alright

Votes: 329 40.9%
  • Poor

Votes: 81 10.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Im good friends with a couple of Chelsea fans and theyre unimpressed with him...for £20mil they would have been ok as a squad player but £60mil they think is a total waste of money.
Kindly inform them that they're wrong and they'll look silly that they've stuck with aging Willian and Pedro over him.

If they lose Pulisic because they thought short term in a season that is definitely one where they aren't winning more than the FA Cup it's criminal mismanagement from Lampard whether Pulisic reaches the top level or not.

I'm not totally sure on Holgate. Sometimes looks decent, other times woeful. But, thought there was a case to play him in a back 3 (CBs) or back 5 as it were against Burnley, as we knew we'd be bombarded at set pieces.

I am not sure on him either, but if the contention is we need a centre back more in the style of Zouma, in the short term he must make more sense?

Yes I suppose he is. Personally I think there's a huge quality gap between them though. I agree with those who say Zouma isn't brilliant, but I think he's a good few levels above Holgate, who I just don't think is good enough. There may be an argument that his pace would at least help us a bit though.

I agree with all of that. However if our position is that keane/Mina are too similar and require a quicker, covering defender to bring the best out of them, he must surely consider Holgate between now and January? Thats not my position, but does seem to be a common one and I do wonder if it were the case why Holgate wouldn't come in?

For a long time, I think we have fallen into the trap of just wanting to put our best players out, without considering it's about finding the best balance for a team.

I am not sure on him either, but if the contention is we need a centre back more in the style of Zouma, in the short term he must make more sense?
I think he'll just continue to be back up to Mina and Keane until one of them gets injured or suspended. I also expect us to bring in another CB in January or next summer which pushes him further down the pecking order.

Pickford
??? ??? Mina Digne
Gbamin
??? Gomes
Richarlison ??? Iwobi
I think were still lacking 3 starters (if Gbamin delivers) + a few good rotation options.

Time will tell if Kean/DCL make the CF position their own. If not we need one short term option.

Really need to loosen the purse strings in Jan.

Status
Not open for further replies.