Votes: 394 49.0%
  • Alright

Votes: 329 40.9%
  • Poor

Votes: 81 10.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Zouma has shown how crap he is this season and was crap for the majority of last season. Open your eyes.
We're still missing someone like him though. Whether it's him or someone else in that mould, we needed a different type of centre half and didn't get one. We're now trying to play a pressing game with nobody mobile in midfield and a defence that can't push up the pitch because it's too slow. Oh and a crippling lack of creativity and goal threat. 10/10 summer.

We're still missing someone like him though. Whether it's him or someone else in that mould, we needed a different type of centre half and didn't get one. We're now trying to play a pressing game with nobody mobile in midfield and a defence that can't push up the pitch because it's too slow. Oh and a crippling lack of creativity and goal threat. 10/10 summer.

Probably doesn't help that we are having to play our 3rd and 4th choice CM though.. If we get Gbamin & Gomes back and don't see any improvement then I would start to seriously worry, but at the moment I'm not surprised we are crap as we have no midfield

To play devils advocate here, but isn't Holgate a similar style to Zouma? He's quick, reads the game well and is good on the ball? Seemed to play well witH Mina at Sheffield Wednesday. Is there not a case for him?

To play devils advocate here, but isn't Holgate a similar style to Zouma? He's quick, reads the game well and is good on the ball? Seemed to play well witH Mina at Sheffield Wednesday. Is there not a case for him?
Yes I suppose he is. Personally I think there's a huge quality gap between them though. I agree with those who say Zouma isn't brilliant, but I think he's a good few levels above Holgate, who I just don't think is good enough. There may be an argument that his pace would at least help us a bit though.

I'm not totally sure on Holgate. Sometimes looks decent, other times woeful. But, thought there was a case to play him in a back 3 (CBs) or back 5 as it were against Burnley, as we knew we'd be bombarded at set pieces.

I'm not totally sure on Holgate. Sometimes looks decent, other times woeful. But, thought there was a case to play him in a back 3 (CBs) or back 5 as it were against Burnley, as we knew we'd be bombarded at set pieces.
Problem with a back 3/5 is we wouldn't have Richy/Iwobi to support the forwards, and our CMs are incapable of getting forward enough. We'd end up lacking the ability to create chances even more than normal.

Problem with a back 3/5 is we wouldn't have Richy/Iwobi to support the forwards, and our CMs are incapable of getting forward enough. We'd end up lacking the ability to create chances even more than normal.
I was only making reference to Burnley match, which we didn't score in anyway (playing 4-2-3-1). But yes I agree, I wouldn't want us to play that system (3 CBs) regularly.

Status
Not open for further replies.