2019/20 Marco Silva

Status
Not open for further replies.
If it's not broke then don't fix it, the alternative is also true. So coach Silva you have to be judged on your reaction to the results. Why have you not changed it? Have you no flexibility, or are you just too stubborn? Why is your team losing to teams with inferior players?

That was down to moshiri though rather than the club as a whole. Chasing a manager for weeks he couldn't have and hitting the panic button. I would like to think that it was a one off and we aren't the only club incapable of replacing a manager after sacking one .

There have been many names mooted on here in the manager thread, some out of work as well. No reason why we couldn't hire someone fast, especially given we have 2 weeks off now essentially. Any other club is capable of doing it , not sure why we wouldn't .

Plus I'm sure a lesson was learned chasing a flavour of the month manager , especially given how quickly they can be sacked.

Well I'm hoping anyway. Otherwise we are saying here that our football club cannot find a better manager and we are going to have to keep losing games until they do find one.

Its not just about finding a manager tho, its about finding the right 1.

Last time I think we thought maybe Unsworth could tread water while we searched, we even told Sam to koff at 1 point, but then Unsworth crapped the bed, Watford dug their heels in and I honestly think we struggled to get anybody suitable. So we went with our tail between our legs and got Sam for 12m for 6months work.

Yes lots of out of work managers, like Moyes, but as I say, its about getting the right 1 in.

Imagine thinking any manager worth their salt would want to join a team "mid-season" who was rooted at the bottom of the table.
Course they would given the talent we have.

That's why Chelsea can sack managers here and there knowing a new man would be taking over some top class players.

We have loads of talent available, we really shouldn't be where we are and losing to who we are losing to. Any new man gets Kean, richarldson , Bernard, iwobi, gomes, digne, Mina, Delph to name a few. Players that would walk into any team outside the cl clubs.

Course they would given the talent we have.

That's why Chelsea can sack managers here and there knowing a new man would be taking over some top class players.

We have loads of talent available, we really shouldn't be where we are and losing to who we are losing to. Any new man gets Kean, richarldson , Bernard, iwobi, gomes, digne, Mina, Delph to name a few. Players that would walk into any team outside the cl clubs.

With respect mate we arent really even in the same league as former Premier League, Champions league winners Chelsea.

Its not just about finding a manager tho, its about finding the right 1.

Last time I think we thought maybe Unsworth could tread water while we searched, we even told Sam to koff at 1 point, but then Unsworth crapped the bed, Watford dug their heels in and I honestly think we struggled to get anybody suitable. So we went with our tail between our legs and got Sam for 12m for 6months work.

Yes lots of out of work managers, like Moyes, but as I say, its about getting the right 1 in.
What is the right manager though?

You don't know how a manager will do until they get here. You can scour the world for the right manager for months on end and they struggle once they get here. You could also hire someone random and they win the league. There isn't really a way of knowing who the right man is.

When ole came in at united, won 10 straight games and part of the fergie sides that won trophies, he seemed the right manager so he got a contract. Now look at him.

It's impossible for us to know who the right manager is until we hire them. We could hire some 60 year old league 2 manager and win the league next season under him. We could hire the most talented young coach in football and get relegated.

Status
Not open for further replies.