2019/20 Marco Silva

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you're making out a midfield crisis since Gana left, then yeah. But the point is Silva hasn't. He not even attempted such a thing.

You also have Gomes, Siggurdson and Bernard who can play in midfield who know the premiership.
A three from the chumps we have would be unbalanced. There's no one who can cover a defence like ours. Please dont say "Delph did it at City" because you'll undermine your own answer.

At this point the only way hes keeping his job is if we cant find a suitable replacement.

That's a scary thought in itself though. Keeping a manager who is struggling because in the entire world we can't find one better.

It's either sack now or we deal with it. Giving it another couple of months writes the whole season off and potentially puts us in a worse position for the new man

...as I say, i’m certainly not a Silva supporter but managerial change is traumatic. I’m old, I remember other Managers on the brink who turned it around. Silva doesn’t seem like one of those, but i’d prefer us to hang in there.

Regardless of personnel, he’s tactically poor but he’s had excuses (no preferred CB, Gbamin injured, Gomes injured, Kean not having an impact). I wouldn’t defend Silva, but I wouldn’t sack him yet unless Brands has somebody lined up who’s available.
I usually totally agree with you eggs but more than the result the performance was woeful even before Seamus was sent off, he's just started sliding down the slippery slope for me and I sense the same sort of feeling even on this site never mind the crowd as we had with the last 3 managers, I honestly don't think he'll see October out, even putting Rhino in again as a short term intermediate measure has got to be better than this dross we're being served up.

That's a scary thought in itself though. Keeping a manager who is struggling because in the entire world we can't find one better.

It's either sack now or we deal with it. Giving it another couple of months writes the whole season off and potentially puts us in a worse position for the new man

I just really think we want to avoid the mistakes of the past with regards having to appoint Sam cos everybody else laughed at us.

we simply can not do what we did last season and sack someone without having a replacement lined up

theres been many low points with this club, that was one of them

I just really think we want to avoid the mistakes of the past with regards having to appoint Sam cos everybody else laughed at us.
we simply can not do what we did last season and sack someone without having a replacement lined up

theres been many low points with this club, that was one of them

That was down to moshiri though rather than the club as a whole. Chasing a manager for weeks he couldn't have and hitting the panic button. I would like to think that it was a one off and we aren't the only club incapable of replacing a manager after sacking one .

There have been many names mooted on here in the manager thread, some out of work as well. No reason why we couldn't hire someone fast, especially given we have 2 weeks off now essentially. Any other club is capable of doing it , not sure why we wouldn't .

Plus I'm sure a lesson was learned chasing a flavour of the month manager , especially given how quickly they can be sacked.

Well I'm hoping anyway. Otherwise we are saying here that our football club cannot find a better manager and we are going to have to keep losing games until they do find one.

Status
Not open for further replies.