2019/20 Marco Silva

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd argue that Arteta would be less of a risk than Gerrard/Lampard etc.

No reason he couldn't be boss especially considering his time under pep now
Lampard had a full season of management under his belt before he got the Chelsea job and Gerrard went north to get experience before he takes on a bigger job.
Arteta has never managed a team.
Football is littered with excellent coaches/assistant managers who flopped as managers.

For the same results I can see your line of thinking. I mean, why pay one manager when you could pay 2?
Because hopefully the second manager will actually be good enough to salvage this season and build something here.

Silva has proven at every single club he’s managed in England that he can’t stop a bad run of results.

He should be ashamed of himself at the place he’s got us in this season. Hope he gets sacked after Burnley.

I'd argue that Arteta would be less of a risk than Gerrard/Lampard etc.

No reason he couldn't be boss especially considering his time under pep now

Lampard had a whole season under his belt as number 1 at Derby. That’s a million times better experience than putting the cones out for Pep and telling some of the best players in the world to get on with it.

That's what I thought I read at the time, but @MarcelsGoat says differently
It is believed that Silva will earn over £3m a year but can increase his earnings to as high as £5m based on Everton's finishing position in the league.

Koeman and Sam were on 6m a year.

Please refrain from speaking on my behalf, I dont want my name linked to anything you post.

Thanks.

It is believed that Silva will earn over £3m a year but can increase his earnings to as high as £5m based on Everton's finishing position in the league.

Koeman and Sam were on 6m a year.

Please refrain from speaking on my behalf, I dont want my name linked to anything you post.

Thanks.
Tough.

You like to let everyone think your in to your financial so I will use your waffle at my behest esp as you always say you are dead right all the time

Fair enough, I just see get the impression Arteta has a bit of nous about him.
Agree re Arteta, came into the club and made a big impression in the dressing room, flew threw his coaching badges and was widely regarded as one of the best to come through. First coaching job was wanted by a good few clubs, including Tottenham but Pep snapped him up. Was only there for awhile and tried to get the Arsenal and Everton job. I'd say he was a world away from Brian Kidd tbh. Sick of having managers who just don't get the club. Let's get someone young in, who's immensely talented as a coach, ambitious and knows all about the club. Give him the job till the end of the season and if he does well give it him permanently.

The next manager must be someone with credential and proven records.
This is what we need, but not Premier League experience, going for that has just landed us 4 times with rubbish, it's ok if you do what West Ham and Leicester have done, and Newcastle did with Rafael, but all we will do is go for Dyche or Howe.
Look to Europe for someone.

Status
Not open for further replies.