2019/20 Marco Silva

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would be very wary of Arteta, what happens if he were to struggle initially and the knives come out?

It would be surprising if Brands chose him when there is a whole world of managers out there.

The issue with our process is that there is no process.

Arteta is the sort of guy you appoint from a position of strength when you can afford a risk.

If Silva goes in the short term then we are a basket case club, that doesn't mean he deserves to stay come what may but how many times can we get it wrong again without dire consequences?

We need experience, toughness, nous, character and passion on the sideline.

The club has either been too big for the last few occupants or not big enough as was the case for Jughead.

I'm not quite sure we're quite basket case, as we seem more stable behind the scenes, but appointing a manager mid season is always difficult and we have not made a success of it.

The problem for Arteta would come is if he didn't get off to a flyer and we found ourselves in and around the bottom 3. That could quite conceivably happen too. I do think we are fortunate that Watford, Newcastle and Aston Villa all seem (in slightly different ways) hopeless to me and will likely go down (I think they could all get cut adrift too). I'd add Brighton Norwich and Southampton will struggle too. However getting sucked in remains a possibility.

If we made the move, however unpopular it would be, I'd say having Moyes involved in some capacity would make a lot of sense. Some experience would be required to help out.

Yep will never get a better chance than this one.

A half decent manager, proper striker like Wilson and Gana still at the club and we would have had it this season - gutting.

Everyone season people say we will never get a better chance. United have serious difficulties, Chelsea too, and Arsenal aren't much better. Opportunities will always present themselves, but we have to get it right at our end.

Silva has been here over 15 months, has kept playing the same formation and players who were out of form or his favourites for no other reason than he thinks his 100% right ;-( He has no clinical back bone to drop his favourites or apologise to the fans for the mediocre performances this season ;-( People can all go on about the great period we had at the end of last season but avoid saying that we had a 3/4 month period of crap too and now this season again its starting ! This season out of 21 points and only facing 1 top team we have 7 points ;-( We lost to 2 promoted teams who any other regular premiership team with status would have splatted and be sure of 6 points off each ;-) for season:-( Moshiri and Brands should have him on final warning and tell him next 8 games he wins or go get job as santa or on Algarve for winter as barman !

The team is worse now lack of having another cb, cm we have nothing when gomes is out in the middle, lack of an experienced striker to take pressure off kean and dcl. Is easy to set up against us as you can tell how the team will be set up.

Do people ever learn. These Arteta shouts are utterly embarassing.

We are talking about taking a solid 7/8/9th placed team in the most competitive league on earth who have the
backing and ambition to try and break the top6 and then the top 6.

The difference between a fella with some badges and a couple of seaons putting cones out and offering suggestions to Pep to actually having complete
resonsibility for an underperfoming team in the prem is monumental. I would suggest less than 3-4% of people in that situation would succeed,

If you go for a manage with a record of success in the top 6 in Spain/England/Italy I would suggest that % goes up to about 40-60%.

It really is embarrasing people mention his name,

Lampard had a full season of management under his belt before he got the Chelsea job and Gerrard went north to get experience before he takes on a bigger job.
Arteta has never managed a team.
Football is littered with excellent coaches/assistant managers who flopped as managers.
Both have gone ahead and jumped in and proved themselves somewhat though. No reason Arteta couldn't do the same. Ftr I don't think every player can be a successful manager, but Arteta is one I've always kept an eye on for that matter

Do people ever learn. These Arteta shouts are utterly embarassing.

We are talking about taking a solid 7/8/9th placed team in the most competitive league on earth who have the
backing and ambition to try and break the top6 and then the top 6.

The difference between a fella with some badges and a couple of seaons putting cones out and offering suggestions to Pep to actually having complete
resonsibility for an underperfoming team in the prem is monumental. I would suggest less than 3-4% of people in that situation would succeed,

If you go for a manage with a record of success in the top 6 in Spain/England/Italy I would suggest that % goes up to about 40-60%.

It really is embarrasing people mention his name,
Ay no worries though we'll keep grabbing relegated managers instead x

When I look at the table and see some of the teams above us and I think of the torture of last years mid season, it seems to me to be very obvious that this man needs to be replaced.

When I look at the table and see some of the teams above us and I think of the torture of last years mid season, it seems to me to be very obvious that this man needs to be replaced.

Im not saying you are wrong, but and I know most people wont have this, but we are only 7 games into a season.

Dont get me wrong, 3 defeats on the bounce is so far away from acceptable its unreal, I could make all the excuses in the world, but its not good, by any stretch.

Most people seem to have made their minds up already, nothing he does from this point on will be good enough. Dont get me wrong, im not defending him, I thought he was a bad manager before we appointed him, ive always been more than willing to give him every chance tho. Some will say a full season is every chance and whilst 8th is NOT our goals, its not SACKABLE, for a first season, IMO, as I say, loads will disagree.

So here we are 7 games in and the knives are rightfully so getting sharpened, but im just very concerned about replacing a manager mid season, but of course im more concerned about sitting in the bottom 3.

So im not defending Marco Silva, hes not and has never been my man, my main concerns are who comes in to replace him and us finding ourselves replacing a manager, yet again.

Both have gone ahead and jumped in and proved themselves somewhat though. No reason Arteta couldn't do the same. Ftr I don't think every player can be a successful manager, but Arteta is one I've always kept an eye on for that matter
Proved what?
Rangers continue to underperform and cant even make domestic cup finals. The chance of him getting anywhere near the level of Klopp/Benetez/Rogers if and when he gets the Lpool job is negligable.

Lampard had a very average first year in the championship and we wont know about his abilities at Chelsea for sometime.

Proved what?
Rangers continue to underperform and cant even make domestic cup finals. The chance of him getting anywhere near the level of Klopp/Benetez/Rogers if and when he gets the Lpool job is negligable.

Lampard had a very average first year in the championship and we wont know about his abilities at Chelsea for sometime.
Very average first year in the championship? What?

He got derby to a play off final, knocked out premier League oppo in the cups etc too

Status
Not open for further replies.