2019/20 Marco Silva

Status
Not open for further replies.
People wanting Silva our and Arteta in? Has relegation written all over it. Big Sam would be back in post once Arteta had fully botched us over the Christmas period. Imagine him asking Schneiderlin to just do what De Bruyne does or tell DCL to create something out of nothing like Aguero used to. It would be laughable.

The next manager must be someone with credential and proven records.

I'd argue that Arteta would be less of a risk than Gerrard/Lampard etc.

No reason he couldn't be boss especially considering his time under pep now

Dont get that. Brian Kidd spent years as #2 under Fergie at United. Lasted 5 minutes as Blackburn manager

If Arteta wasn't a former player you'd all be laughing at the suggestion of him being manager for us lets be honest. Arteta is a risk a team like Southmapton/Wolves would take, Not for a team who are trying everything to break the top 6.

Yes a club like Everton can do loads better than Arteta, I agree.
Not a trick question,as I dont follow any footie besides us,who would be a short list of say 5 managers that you think would be available,willing to come here and would improve us ?

Not a trick question,as I dont follow any footie besides us,who would be a short list of say 5 managers that you think would be available,willing to come here and would improve us ?
I am in the same boat as your sir, I only watch Everton so I wouldn't know any of the upcoming hipster managers or good ones knocking about. The only one I know about because I wanted him before Silva is Fonseca but he manages Roma so that's not happening.

Nobody has any idea, in Brands time at PSV he went for a wide range of managers, young, old, experienced, not so experienced.

And do we even know that Brands would recruit the next manager?

You would have thought Moshiri would learn from the last time we sacked a manager mid season, but who even knows.

Silva will be given every chance to adjust this slump.

Nobody has any idea, in Brands time at PSV he went for a wide range of managers, young, old, experienced, not so experienced.

You would have thought Moshiri would learn from the last time we sacked a manager mid season, but who even knows.

Id assume as DOF he would have a fair amount of input,though with this club you just dont know

We finished 8th the last time we sacked a manager during the season.

We finished 8th last season.

Keeping Silva will probably see us finish at the very best 8th...

It doesn't make much difference. Might as well sack somebody we know isn't good enough.

You mean exactly what happened with Koeman? Yeah, that.
One huge difference now though..

Brands wasn't here to sack koeman

Moshiri was heavy handed and rushed in to sacking Koeman without a replacement being lined up properly.

Brands wont be, or defo shouldn't be that stupid not to have a replacement lined up.

I genuinely think silvas sacking will come about when replacement is signed up behind the scenes first.

Silva could already be a dead man walking, could even win the next 5 games (he won't) and still get booted if the right man signs up with brands

We finished 8th the last time we sacked a manager during the season.

We finished 8th last season.

Keeping Silva will probably see us finish at the very best 8th...

It doesn't make much difference. Might as well sack somebody we know isn't good enough.
For the same results I can see your line of thinking. I mean, why pay one manager when you could pay 2?

Status
Not open for further replies.