2019/20 Marco Silva

Status
Not open for further replies.
Crazy to think we've conceeded 6 goals in our last 3 games including Villa and Lincoln.

Change in tactics or are teams starting to work us out?

Just poor defending, individual mistakes. I actually don’t think it’s the system.

Digne, Mina, Keane and arguably Sidibe have all made errors leading to goals in the last few games.

You could argue that with no Gueye, the back four have lost a lot of cover. Delph did well v Villa but he won’t have the legs that Gueye had for that position so he’ll need support from Gomes and others long term to give the back four a bit more protection.

The consequence is whether that has a negative impact on our attack.

Just poor defending, individual mistakes. I actually don’t think it’s the system.

Digne, Mina, Keane and arguably Sidibe have all made errors leading to goals in the last few games.

You could argue that with no Gueye, the back four have lost a lot of cover. Delph did well v Villa but he won’t have the legs that Gueye had for that position so he’ll need support from Gomes and others long term to give the back four a bit more protection.

The consequence is whether that has a negative impact on our attack.

Gbamin will be a big miss in this regard.

We've won 2 of those games as well and should've at least drawn the Villa game.

By the same logic, we could have quite easily gone to pens v Lincoln and could also have easily lost to Wolves too. Thankfully we got the right results there.

We’ve scored more and looked better going forward, but that switch (and losing Gueye) has also made us more vulnerable at the back, hence the increased goals conceded.

By the same logic, we could have quite easily gone to pens v Lincoln and could also have easily lost to Wolves too. Thankfully we got the right results there.

We’ve scored more and looked better going forward, but that switch (and losing Gueye) has also made us more vulnerable at the back, hence the increased goals conceded.
Totally new centre midfield partnerships. When Gomes and Delph get settled we'll be fine I reckon. In my mind I dont even count the 2nd Villa goal as that is only scored because we have thrown everyone forward. If you look at the goal, its scored down Colemans side and he isnt in shot for the whole thing. The other 3 were brilliant finishes and if I was gonna be picky, that first Lincoln goal shouldn't have stood as the lad coming back from an offside position moves towards the ball which puts the defenders off. So that leaves 2 brilliant goals.

We don’t concede a lot of good shots that’s the important thing
We don't concede a lot of shots, either. Have we had a team have double digits in shots against us, yet?

The defense hasn't been any different. Even during the "poor" run of form last year, the open play defense was solid.

Big pressure on him sunday - anything but a win and its just 1/2 points taken out of a possible 9 to Palace, Villa and Bournemouth away. Even his most hardcore supporters have to admit that
Would be a shocking return.

If we are to progress we simply have to start winning games on the road.

Status
Not open for further replies.