2019/20 Anthony Gordon

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, how many chomping at the bit to get him to start......then claim he is not good enough, after his first 20 mins!!!

Quite likely for me there is far too much critique of our players not only on here but other sites. The way some talk one would think they are a Ronaldo, Messi and Neynar all rolled into one.

Well that makes even less sense. What exactly would the coaches have learnt from giving Davies those 5 games that they couldn't learn from watching the previous 89 games he'd played for us? It would just be picking him for the sake of it, which would be absolutely pointless.

Anyway, I've not seen a huge amount of Gordon, but I have liked the little I've seen. He certainly impressed me the most of the young lads on show at Wigan in pre-season.
Davies hasn't played that much under Silva and he's still young enough that he can improve with game time

Unfortunately, I do think the down side of this is that the maverick streak is now coached out of young players and whereas they all have the skills needed in abundance you really don't see that many young players who would get you out of your seat and are totally unpredictable.
I've been bemoaning this for decades. Remove the maverick and induce the predictable easy to defend against 'safe and steady' player.

The last one this didn't seem to work on was Gazza. Thank heavens.

So, how many chomping at the bit to get him to start......then claim he is not good enough, after his first 20 mins!!!

I normally judge players during their warm up. Don't rate DCL or Iwobi - think my view is tarnished by a hatred of players with weird running styles. DCL skips like Bambi and Iwobi runs like Phoebe outta Friends!

Quite likely for me there is far too much critique of our players not only on here but other sites. The way some talk one would think they are a Ronaldo, Messi and Neynar all rolled into one.
People can’t accept that some of our players aren’t actually that good. Calling them awful every week doesn’t really change anything.

Gordon's the most talented youngster since Liam Walsh. Now, whatever happened to him................

Gordon's the most talented youngster since Liam Walsh. Now, whatever happened to him................
To be honest, he’s been very unlucky at Bristol city. When he first joined in the January they where in play offs. And though they started to lose matches and drop out of the play off places the manager kept picking the same players. And Walsh was on the bench.

And the same at the start of last season, he finally got his chance and was very good, city fans were raving about him, he only played a handful of games and then got injured and was out for the season.

Not sure what’s happened this season as he’s not even getting on the bench, is he struggling with injuries or has he just missed the boat. I still think he will end up playing a season or two in the prem in the future.

He’s actually filled out from the wee waif he was 18 months ago, grown to a reasonable height as well and at 18 probably will add a few more pounds. Always hard to tell if he’ll continue growing but amongst the other U19s he’s a decent size.
Been quiet a few young players who have hit the gym to put on a bit of bulk and their game has suffered.Lots of slim smaller stikers do well in the Prem.

Status
Not open for further replies.