How much more time should Silva be given?

How long should he be given?

• Press conference today at 2pm

Votes: 96 49.2%
  • Monday 9am

Votes: 110 56.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure if Silva is the right manager for the long term.

The positive is that he has bought well. He has an eye for players.

The negatives are his tactical awareness and the ability to groom young players.

I think the next two transfer windows will define his stay at Everton and ultimate success. I just hope he doesn't splash the cash just for sake of it like previous managers.

A thread about getting rid of a manager a few games into his second season after he’s improved us in basically any metric you want to measure. He’s recruiting (along with Brands) better than anyone since Moyes and has led a revival of our squad from one of the worst in the league to one now full of desirable assets. He’s improved players who were already here, Keane is an international now, Gueye went up a level and rewarded by a move to PSG, Siggurdson is now playing ok, Coleman has re found some form. He’s also improved players who have come in. Richarlison has never been better than now, could have said the same for Zouma last season.

Klopp didn’t win anything with a blank chequebook at Liverpool until his 4th season. That was building from a squad that had challenged for the title just before he arrived. Even Guardiola took that City team to 4th place in his first season with no trophies, an abject failure for a club with City’s resources. Look at both now though, 4 seasons in, a squad entirely of the manager’s choosing used to his training methods.

Where could we be in a season or two under Silva after more windows like we’ve just had, players getting more used to his methods. We might be ideally placed to take advantage of changes in the top 6 and we may end up doing a Spurs.

What is certain is that if we fire Silva now none of that occurs as another manager comes in and we have to start from square one all over again.

Weren't exactly top oppositions so too early to say. Wolves were probably tired after their appearance in the Europa.
I'm not disputing that mate. I'm talking about the percentage of shots they get on target, not the number of shots they are having. Arguably that shouldnlt really be impacted by the quality of the opposition.

In the first 3 games we averaged 1attempt in 6 on target. In the last 2 games we increased that to 1 in 3. If we keep that up we will score more goals.

Its all relative;
one year (1977?) we ended up 3rd - we were all disappointed and Lee was a crap manager.

Briefly, after a stuttering start, came Kendall Mk I. Followed by a slow decline, followed by a faster decline, more downs than ups, until somehow Moyes (his saving grace) firstly managed to put the brakes on the decline then, (his fatal flaw) managed to keep the KITAP1 brakes on a semi decent team.

And Lee was still mostly though of as a crap boring manager

'The Everton Cup' is par for this course.
If Silva gets us to even a sniff of 3rd ( 3 or 4 under par) he'll be a hero.

Its all relative.

Not sure if Silva is the right manager for the long term.

The positive is that he has bought well. He has an eye for players.

The negatives are his tactical awareness and the ability to groom young players.

I think the next two transfer windows will define his stay at Everton and ultimate success. I just hope he doesn't splash the cash just for sake of it like previous managers.

he didnt buy the players mate or "splash the cash"

Has he improved any of our players, as in made them ready to challenge the top teams?

Pep and Klopp are the obv ones who do that and Poch and to an extent Rodgers..

Look at dcl's game.. Hasn't moved on much

Gylfi was class as it was but I wouldn't say he's improved.

Richy is still at the level he was at Watford..

I'd say most players haven't significantly improved beyond their natural progression

I'm not saying it's an easy job, but great coaches know exactly how to extract every single bit of potential out of the whole squad.

As the season progress's it will be interesting to see if the players progress under silva

Has he improved any of our players, as in made them ready to challenge the top teams?

I'd say most players haven't significantly improved beyond their natural progression

I'm not saying it's an easy job, but great coaches know exactly how to extract every single bit of potential out of the whole squad.

As the season progress's it will be interesting to see if the players progress under silva
Richy has gotten better without question. Keane has improved significantly, Sigurdsson and almost everyone Walsh bought were bad, Mina has definitely improved, etc.

Richy has gotten better without question. Keane has improved significantly, Sigurdsson and almost everyone Walsh bought were bad, Mina has definitely improved, etc.
We will have a better grasp on who has actually improved later in the season.
But that's what we need to be seeing.

We won't be able to buy the top top players, we need to be buying fringe players from top clubs with a view too silva bringing them on and improving them..

I'm not wanting silva out as much this season, I want to see player progression under him, hopefully he will deliver that

Dont usually fall for the bait but

Sigurdsson got 4 goals in his first season with us, he got 13 last season, the most he has ever got in a premier league season.
Richarlison got 5 in his season at Watford & 13 last season.
You look at the likes of Keane, DCL & Pickford........all better players now than they were when he came in.
You could also argue his ability to resurrect careers such as Gomes, Digne, Bernard & Mina
Look at Zouma at Chelsea right now compared to how he looked at the end of last season

Absolute garbage your comments mate

Status
Not open for further replies.