How much more time should Silva be given?

How long should he be given?

• Press conference today at 2pm

Votes: 96 49.2%
  • Monday 9am

Votes: 110 56.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Why wuld Moshiri fire him if we get where we were last season (and we will)?

He wants PL repsectability while he tilts for a stadium build. And firing him and getting his successor will cost another £20M.

He’s been brought into to stabilise the mess left by others and hopefully provide a springboard for us to move forwards.

If he can do better than this, he’ll get another contract, if not he’ll still get to see our his contract here ( barring a relegation position) and someone else of a higher standing will be sought.

Why wuld Moshiri fire him if we get where we were last season (and we will)?

He wants PL repsectability while he tilts for a stadium build. And firing him and getting his successor will cost another £20M.

I believe getting 7th the best of the rest tag is the requirement from the boss. Anything better than 7th is a bonus anything worse means we are not moving forward.

As long as we're winning a good percentage of the home games his job will be fine, at least during the season.

A decent away record is the difference between top 6 and lounging around in mid table.

We're a top 6 team at home but not much more than bottom 6 away.

The aim this season should be qualifying for Europe, be it through ideally a cup win or league placing. If we can't manage a place in Europe then it's underachievement.

The exact opposite...Wolves were a lot fitter after starting much earlier and having more competitive games.

The tiredness kicks in later in the season.

Yet they're bottom of the league, same as Burnley last year, they couldn't cope with the extra games with a small squad.

He’s been brought into to stabilise the mess left by others and hopefully provide a springboard for us to move forwards.

If he can do better than this, he’ll get another contract, if not he’ll still get to see our his contract here ( barring a relegation position) and someone else of a higher standing will be sought.
Mate you can't keep blame Koeman and Sam for the way we played today, barring 2 or 3 this is his footprint.

Mate you can't keep blame Koeman and Sam , for the way we played today.Barring 2 or 3 this is his footprint.

I’m talking about his overall remit mate, not today in isolation.

If I think he’ll see his three years out - yes.

Do I think he’ll get another contract at the end of it - no.

He’s here to serve a purpose, unless he can prove otherwise.

I just saw a stat that we are a top8 spending club in europe or something crazy, adding salaries into equation

We are 11th place currently in EPL.. I think its safe to say he has to go.

I would go for Javi Gracia
Probably true. The biggest problem is the top players want to play for the top clubs. A Barcelona will get more for their 60 million than an Everton would. The disparity in the attraction of a club skews the value of money spent. So being 8th highest spenders in Europe won’t automatically translate into being among the top 10, or 20, best clubs.

Look at the players brought in; Iwobi, Walcott (Arsenal squad players), Gylfi (Spurs squad player), Kean (Juve squad player), Keane, Schneiderlin (Man U squad players). It’s very difficult to close the gap only attracting players who cannot get into the top sides.

The same applies to the manager...top managers only want to manage top clubs.

The task for Brands is much more difficult than is being made out.

Probably true. The biggest problem is the top players want to play for the top clubs. A Barcelona will get more for their 60 million than an Everton would. The disparity in the attraction of a club skews the value of money spent. So being 8th highest spenders in Europe won’t automatically translate into being among the top 10, or 20, best clubs.

Look at the players brought in; Iwobi, Walcott (Arsenal squad players), Gylfi (Spurs squad player), Kean (Juve squad player), Keane, Schneiderlin (Man U squad players). It’s very difficult to close the gap only attracting players who cannot get into the top sides.

The same applies to the manager...top managers only want to manage top clubs.

The task for Brands is much more difficult than is being made out.
Good points made here although I wish I hadn’t read it.

Status
Not open for further replies.