Match Thread Crystal Palace 0-0 Everton, Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
For my sins, I had to sit in the Palace end today and right next to those dins with the drums and flags.

I can safely say their fans are clueless and I hated sitting amongst them for 90 minutes, oh and their stadium is a toilet.
My lad the Evertonian also sat in the Palace end. He found all the Palace fans thoroughly knowledgable and very sporting. He commented very favourably on the architectural splendour of Selhurst Park and remarked more than once that the facilities are second to none.

He knew he was walking home to the West Country otherwise.

How was it not a red for that high tackle on Bernard BTW?

Thought Pickford made a couple of smart saves.

Both Coleman and Silva had words with Zaha at the end... I reckon we’ll be back in for him come January.

Expected result with the team we put out- same as the 0-0 in april but we've signed a new striker and creative player to deal with this problem of not being able to break teams down. Add the new right back potentially and we'll be winning these games when they're all integrated and fit.

Not the worst start really against a team who will be fighting for relegation. Fitness clearly not there yet but some decent individual displays. We'll see a different line up next game.

Last word on Palace. Its to be expected if you look back through the records we are terrible on the opening day.

Can't remember the last time we came out the traps flying.

I had a little mooch on Google and the last time we did anything impressive on the opening day was the 88/89 season when we beat Newcastle 4-0.

That was also the last time we scored more than 3.

81/82 we beat Birmingham 3-1

76/77 we beat qpr 4-0 away.

So in general our record in the last 40+ years is not great.

14 wins 13 draws 20 defeats.

Didn't watch the game and saw everyone saying we were terrible on here, but watching MOTD i thought we looked pretty decent except for a goal. Were we that bad?

Didn't watch the game and saw everyone saying we were terrible on here, but watching MOTD i thought we looked pretty decent except for a goal. Were we that bad?

No, we were really not that bad. First half dictated the game and had a good few chances but link up play on the left wasn't great. Faded in the second half a bit and Palace came back into it. All in all not a bad performance but not great either.

Worst league performance of the season
I know you meant this as a joke but I really hope it is. You have to expect us to improve after this as the players get fitter and the new players bed in. Obviously other teams will play better than Palace too, so we will play much better and lose games this season.

Even so it's not the worst league start ever. Imagine this forum if we were Watford or Chelsea or West Ham?

Status
Not open for further replies.