2019/20 Jean-Philippe Gbamin

Status
Not open for further replies.
No he was dreadful.

As you say, there are reasons for it, but he was awful. His passing was shocking, he got caught on the ball, and he missed a couple of tackles. If he’s playing that in 12 months we’ll all be saying he was a waste of money, so he was bad. It’s fine though, it was too soon for him. I’m sure he’ll improve.
No he wasn't. Dreadful is Niasse vs West Ham. This wasn't that. I'm not pretending he was a revelation but let's be reasonable about it.

No he was dreadful.

As you say, there are reasons for it, but he was awful. His passing was shocking, he got caught on the ball, and he missed a couple of tackles. If he’s playing that in 12 months we’ll all be saying he was a waste of money, so he was bad. It’s fine though, it was too soon for him. I’m sure he’ll improve.
Hold up. Look, he gave up the ball twice. Those were mistakes. Things were moving fast, he was trying to make a play, frankly, fouls were called for less. He passed it once to the other team, but he had no real options when he did that. His passing wasn't shocking. That's just silly.

He did made those turnovers that nearly cause us to concede on their counters. But he did show glimpses of good link up plays with Bernard and digne on the left. Clearly his weakness is nerves-a-bundle in his first EPL debut. If he can get over this soon enough, he will be another star in our lineup together with the almighty Kean gang!

Hold up. Look, he gave up the ball twice. Those were mistakes. Things were moving fast, he was trying to make a play, frankly, fouls were called for less. He passed it once to the other team, but he had no real options when he did that. His passing wasn't shocking. That's just silly.
OK fair enough. I’ve not seen stats, I was at the game so maybe I got a slightly false impression. Everyone I spoke to thought he was rubbish, but we all accepted that it was just too soon for him. My point wasn’t to criticise him, just trying to be honest about how he played yesterday.

I didn’t see the match, was Gbamin in a more advanced role as he needed to play along side Schneiderlin or other way round? Or alternating I guess

I think with the 2 times he lost posession all he needs to do is learn how to go down properly when you feel a touch. A quick loan to Palace to learne that for a month and all will be fine

Status
Not open for further replies.