2018/19 Idrissa Gueye

Status
Not open for further replies.
We sell for anything less than 50M then we are completely mental. Who the heck could replace this guy? If we are serious about playing Gomes and Sigurdsson in our midfield, who the heck is going to cover the acres of ground those two concede?

He was absolutely outstanding at the start of last season, and for the majority of 16/17. I have no idea what you've been watching, but it can't have been Everton.

I think our definitions of outstanding might be different. In my eyes the second part of last season was the only time he’s been in anything like outstanding form.

We sell for anything less than 50M then we are completely mental. Who the heck could replace this guy? If we are serious about playing Gomes and Sigurdsson in our midfield, who the heck is going to cover the acres of ground those two concede?
No point in asking us .
Ask Marcel,he has all the answers

We'd be silly to try and replace him with another out an out ballwinner because we're not going to find anybody better. I'm guessing Silva would change the system a bit if Gueye where to leave.

Maguire is a CB, also 26 years old.

Gana is a midfielder at 30.

Name me a like for like replacement mate who we could attract/afford?

He's very very difficult to replace and people/the club act like we have to sell him. Do what the RS did with Coutinho and milk PSG for every penny if they want him bad enough - he's under contract.

he's nearly 30 but has plenty in the tank imo - would rather another 3 years of a top Gana than replace him with someone half as good.

We'd be silly to try and replace him with another out an out ballwinner because we're not going to find anybody better. I'm guessing Silva would change the system a bit if Gueye where to leave.

But having only just gotten the system working towards the end of last season - why go mess about with it and have another season of "adjusting" "transition" whatever people want to call it?

I agree with what you say mate but think we are stupid selling unless PSG offer absolutely daft money based on his age.

But having only just gotten the system working towards the end of last season - why go mess about with it and have another season of "adjusting" "transition" whatever people want to call it?

I agree with what you say mate but think we are stupid selling unless PSG offer absolutely daft money based on his age.

I agree. Whilst other teams are struggling for continuity we’ve got the chance to take advantage. I don’t want to see us throw that away.

It's genuinely baffling that people would be willing to take 30 mil for him. I get that he's nearly 30 and now may be the most we're gonna get but if anything he looks like he's getting better with age.

Name me a like for like replacement mate who we could attract/afford?

He's very very difficult to replace and people/the club act like we have to sell him. Do what the RS did with Coutinho and milk PSG for every penny if they want him bad enough - he's under contract.

he's nearly 30 but has plenty in the tank imo - would rather another 3 years of a top Gana than replace him with someone half as good.

He's a decent player. No better than that in my eyes. £30m for him is good money.

Status
Not open for further replies.