Votes: 394 49.0%
  • Alright

Votes: 329 40.9%
  • Poor

Votes: 81 10.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
we have 7 first team CM's (this includes McCarthy and Besic) we ain't signing another CM unless some drastic stuff happens, I'm not sure what midfielder we even need Gomes and Gueye will always be starters regardless.
The same 2 players aren't going to play every game this season. There will be injuries, loss of form and simple squad rotation over busy periods. We need 3 quality players for those 2 positions and, if you include the CAM, 4 quality players to cover the 3 positions. At the moment we have 3, Siggy, Gomes and Gana. We need a 4th. There will be plenty of game time to go around to keep them all happy.

The person holding that 4th position in the squad at the moment is Morgan. I think it could depend on whether we can offload him as to whether we can afford to bring in a quality replacement. Morgan has shown often enough that he has the quality that we need, but equally there are games when he goes completely missing. But overall I'd like to replace him simply so w can get a better balance to the midfield. Both he and Gana are better when they play the holding role.

The reason why Kean would make sense from an Everton perspective is that their is such a quality striker shortage at present.

All the best ones are out of our league then you have the middle pack like Haller, Gomez then the PL group like Wilson, Mitrovic.

Cant see it happening but if we could pull it off wow what a signing.

Get Neres aswell and we have a big chance of top 6 next season.

The same 2 players aren't going to play every game this season. There will be injuries, loss of form and simple squad rotation over busy periods. We need 3 quality players for those 2 positions and, if you include the CAM, 4 quality players to cover the 3 positions. At the moment we have 3, Siggy, Gomes and Gana. We need a 4th. There will be plenty of game time to go around to keep them all happy.

The person holding that 4th position in the squad at the moment is Morgan. I think it could depend on whether we can offload him as to whether we can afford to bring in a quality replacement. Morgan has shown often enough that he has the quality that we need, but equally there are games when he goes completely missing. But overall I'd like to replace him simply so w can get a better balance to the midfield. Both he and Gana are better when they play the holding role.
We have Morgan and Davies and also McCarthy, I just find it unlikely we'll sign another midfielder unless we get rid of the dead ones (Besic/McCarthy)

Spot on. Also, Gana and Gomes are boss when we are playing the best sides, but as a duo they do not contribute enough offensively against teams who sit back and defend. In those games we are screaming out for a more creative CM who can break the opposition lines. We need to make sure Marco's squad is flexible enough for him to change his game plan the way he wants to when facing different opponents. Kessie would be a nice addition to Gomes, Gueye and possibly Morgan - with Davies being the alternative to Gylfi, like he was late in games the final weeks of last season. Besic and McCarthy will probably be sold or loaned out.

Joe Williams is the dark horse here. Would love it if Marco likes him enough to keep him as a cheaper option than Schneiderlin, but I would guess Joe's going out on another loan.

Spot on. Also, Gana and Gomes are boss when we are playing the best sides, but as a duo they do not contribute enough offensively against teams who sit back and defend. In those games we are screaming out for a more creative CM who can break the opposition lines. We need to make sure Marco's squad is flexible enough for him to change his game plan the way he wants to when facing different opponents. Kessie would be a nice addition to Gomes, Gueye and possibly Morgan - with Davies being the alternative to Gylfi, like he was late in games the final weeks of last season. Besic and McCarthy will probably be sold or loaned out.

Joe Williams is the dark horse here. Would love it if Marco likes him enough to keep him as a cheaper option than Schneiderlin, but I would guess Joe's going out on another loan.

What does he actually show he is better than Schneiderlin at this point?

we have 7 first team CM's (this includes McCarthy and Besic) we ain't signing another CM unless some drastic stuff happens, I'm not sure what midfielder we even need Gomes and Gueye will always be starters regardless.

Sell McCarthy and Besic. Both of them.

Ya, Bonucci came out with some tripe that he should get on with the game instead of being riled by the racist idiots.

Think he later backtracked on it, but I highly doubt Kean was impressed with his comments.
It was worse than that.
He said Kean was partly to blame for being racially abused for riling up the crowd:

"Kean knows that when he scores a goal, he has to focus on celebrating with his team-mates. He knows he could've done something differently too.

"There were racist jeers after the goal. Blaise (Matuidi) heard it and was angered. I think the blame is 50-50, because Moise shouldn't have done that and the Curva (fans) should not have reacted that way.

Disgraceful really.

What does he actually show he is better than Schneiderlin at this point?

Not better. But a whole lot cheaper, IF Silva decides he wants to bring in another midfielder (Kessie?) and Morgan becomes fourth choice. Then it would make sense to keep Williams as backup (again, IF Silva thinks he is good enough) and get rid of Schneiderlin's wages.

Status
Not open for further replies.