Votes: 394 49.0%
  • Alright

Votes: 329 40.9%
  • Poor

Votes: 81 10.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m surprised at who some of the “dodgy posters” are. Some trusted regulars have resorted to near racism from where I’m sat.
Spot on. Also, Gana and Gomes are boss when we are playing the best sides, but as a duo they do not contribute enough offensively against teams who sit back and defend. In those games we are screaming out for a more creative CM who can break the opposition lines. We need to make sure Marco's squad is flexible enough for him to change his game plan the way he wants to when facing different opponents. Kessie would be a nice addition to Gomes, Gueye and possibly Morgan - with Davies being the alternative to Gylfi, like he was late in games the final weeks of last season. Besic and McCarthy will probably be sold or loaned out.

Joe Williams is the dark horse here. Would love it if Marco likes him enough to keep him as a cheaper option than Schneiderlin, but I would guess Joe's going out on another loan.
What does he actually show he is better than Schneiderlin at this point?

...I recall last pre-season Silva saying he was very impressed with Joe Williams and he’s been in demand from Championship clubs for a while. Silva wants him to be part of this pre-season so he is of interest.

He’s got good size and movement about him, and is ultra-competitive. He won’t be found wanting for attitude, he’s not scared of playing, indeed he’s a bit nasty. He suffers a lot from injury, I think that’s got lots to do with his competitive edge. He’s the type managers like.

We have Morgan and Davies and also McCarthy, I just find it unlikely we'll sign another midfielder unless we get rid of the dead ones (Besic/McCarthy)
I believe McCarthy will be sold.

If you think that Morgan and Davies are sufficient back up for Gomes, Gana and Siggy that's fine. If we are extremely lucky with injuries you may well be proved right. In my opinion we need another top quality player in the squad to replace Morgan. He's too hot and cold for me and also doesn't give us the balance we need in the squad.

I do think whether we bring somebody else in will depend on whether we are able to offload Morgan though.

...I recall last pre-season Silva saying he was very impressed with Joe Williams and he’s been in demand from Championship clubs for a while. Silva wants him to be part of this pre-season so he is of interest.

He’s got good size and movement about him, and is ultra-competitive. He won’t be found wanting for attitude, he’s not scared of playing, indeed he’s a bit nasty. He suffers a lot from injury, I think that’s got lots to do with his competitive edge. He’s the type managers like.

Williams strikes me as the kind of player Premier League clubs are looking to buy from Championship clubs. Hope he can stay fit for pre-season this year.

I'm not sure how to feel about it... suppose my feelings are mostly split into three parts

1. I think we're very unlikely to sign him.
2. I'd be nervous if we did sign him, he does seem a BIT Balotelli-ish for my liking
3. Still probably need to take the gamble, just based on talent.
What makes you associate him with Balotelli?

For me, Gomes is a better version of Schneiderlin. Both are somewhat inconsistent, but Gomes is better on the ball and more imposing on a game when he's on top form. None of them contributes greatly in the final third if you look at their stats, that's why I believe we need a more creative midfielder to fit with Gueye, Gomes and Sigurdsson.

This obviously can be solved to some extent by having a wide playmaker, like Ziyech from Ajax. That would mean we could rotate our squad so that we always use one wide playmaker (Bernard, Ziyech) and one winger who will play off the striker (Richarlison, Walcott)

This obviously can be solved to some extent by having a wide playmaker, like Ziyech from Ajax. That would mean we could rotate our squad so that we always use one wide playmaker (Bernard, Ziyech) and one winger who will play off the striker (Richarlison, Walcott)
Ziyech is the dream signing but idt think he has an interest in Everton and has stated he wants to play for Arsenal

Seen a few different bits about this, roughly similar fee's. Dont know where its come from but maybe picked up.pace after Ajax signed Promes who plays in his position

Dear god no. Ridiculous price.

Also played LW RW and CAM filled the gap where needed Ziyech was more of a permanent winger and also linked with a move away from the club.
Also could be a preemptive signing for either of them leaving

Ziyech is the dream signing but idt think he has an interest in Everton and has stated he wants to play for Arsenal
He hasn't really. Someone asked who he liked growing up and he said Arsenal and Barca. It wasn't like he said this window he would only go there. He wants to move on so I don't think he will be that picky

He's had a fair handful of behaviour/club discipline issues.

Hence the stories on Juve being willing to let him go after the most recent one with Italy U21's
Has he?

He's only just got in the team. I know the Juve captain came out and criticized his celebrations for antagonizing the racists that were abusing him but I've not heard of any other issues.

Any specific incidents you're aware of?

Status
Not open for further replies.