Votes: 394 49.0%
  • Alright

Votes: 329 40.9%
  • Poor

Votes: 81 10.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Central midfield does need an overhaul I would love if we can get another CM of class in possibly on loan?
we have 7 first team CM's (this includes McCarthy and Besic) we ain't signing another CM unless some drastic stuff happens, I'm not sure what midfielder we even need Gomes and Gueye will always be starters regardless.

I’m not scared to throw a youngster in and I feel we have some very talented centre backs in the club.. I’m more than happy if Holgate was the deputy for Mina and Keane.. then Feeney and Gibson...

If there was ever a glaring need for a striker it was last season. I would blow a chunk on the best that would come to us. People saying for DCL this is make or break year .. flip he has the whole of last season. 2 seems a luxury!
If your job depended on being successful then you might have to think twice about playing untested young players.

Managers are judged on results ultimately and not the success of the youth academy.

I think Holgate will be 4th choice unless someone comes in with a decent bid for him. It’s not the case of silva not rating every player he sent out on loan, just doesn’t make sense to keep some around sitting in the stands, when they can get game time .

I think there could be a lot of movement in the next few days, not just Everton a lot of clubs because of the financial year ending 30th of June and clubs trying to abide with ffp. Would surprise me to see lookman gone soon.

Personally I wouldn’t want traore from Lyon, seems their fans can’t wait to see the back of him. And I’ve never been that impressed when I’ve watched him.
I agree with Holgate. Also you can't expect us to have two top alternatives for every single position. 3 quality CBs plus Holgate in reserve (and possibly also covering RB). Same in the other positions, midfield, striker and out wide. 14/15 top quality players and decent quality youngsters as back up will be fine. By decent youngster I'm talking about the likes of Holgate, Davies, Lookman, and Calvert-Lewin.

By my reckoning, we need another 4 quality players in this summer. CB (hopefully Zouma), strong athletic type BTB midfielder, Striker and a left footed wide man.

If, by chance, we do happen to get a couple of long term injuries that effect 1 position, then we can address this in the January transfer window. That's what that window is there for after all.

Status
Not open for further replies.