Votes: 394 49.0%
  • Alright

Votes: 329 40.9%
  • Poor

Votes: 81 10.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
We need to lower the squad size...thats a fact.

Totally hypothetically of course but if:

£14mil (Vlasic) + Onyekuru + Lookman + Bolasie + Walcott + Mirallas

= Neres and a 4th choice winger of Brands/Silvas choosing Id take the deal.

Not even a second thought.

Could also say:

Sandro + Niasse + Tosun = 1 forward

McCarthy + Schneiderlin + Besic = 1 player

In fact I would think it would be a very good window if we worked to a model like this...really cut down the squad.

But as to my earlier point, a full starting Brazilian international, rated as 3rd most valuable player in Holland and a string of good champions league performances OR Vlasic (sold for £14mil) + Lookman (cant get a game) + Onyekuru (cant get a work permit)

Total no brainer..and hes mates with Richarlison which is a bonus but also the impact and message it sends to land another top player and big name would help us attract more.

If i'm honest Zat, I can't see how anyone wouldn't.

Mirrallas, Onyekuru, Vlasic, Bolasie and Lookman offer us nothing and were all signed by our fat lad in a sweet shop former DOF. Think of the wages we'd save as a minimum.

Neres is touted as a supreme talent of potential.

It's a no brainer.

Sto dreaming of Neres. ajax will ask top dollar for him (80/90mill quoted). No way he is worth that. I assume Brands is more sensible than the previous regime to sign a big money Ajax player lol.
Screenshot_20190619-173457_Google.jpg

If i'm honest Zat, I can't see how anyone wouldn't.

Mirrallas, Onyekuru, Vlasic, Bolasie and Lookman offer us nothing and were all signed by our fat lad in a sweet shop former DOF. Think of the wages we'd save as a minimum.

Neres is touted as a supreme talent of potential.

It's a no brainer.

Bit of a tangent but if there was any truth to the Moise Kean rumours, seeing weve signed Neres to add to Richarlison as globally recognised players doesnt hurt.

I think spending money (as Moshiri said at the AGM) on top young talents but not paying enornous wages is the way to go...

But you're suggesting it's a big risk in relation to investment aren't you? That ridding the club of 3 player's who are contributing on the field zero shouldn't be parted with in a trade for Neres?

Onyekuru is a player who cannot give us output. He cannot bring us closer to the top 6 because he can't play for us. Sammy Eto'o at 22 would have been a bad purchase too if he can't actually play for us.

I'm not sure who you mean by the club wanting Lookman. Do you mean Southampton? If so, they aren't aspiring for the top 6 like we are.

and Vlasic has signed for 14m to a Russian team? Yes he may be their record signing but he was just sold for less than a Jordan Ibe.

Seems a little like you're trying to find a reasoning for your controversial point rather than truly believing what you're saying with conviction. But I may be wrong there.
I'll leave Vlasic out because he's gone so who cares. I'm not a fan of it but he isn't in our outlook anymore.

Lookman is wanted by RBL who have made a habit of signing talented youngsters and turning them into solid players. They aren't slowing down in that process. They wouldn't have offered near 20m if they didn't see a lot of talent and I trust their evaluation because they are good at this sort of thing.

Onyekuru might be able to play for us after this summer. If he cant then sell by all means. But if he can, and Bayern Munich, another club better at recruiting good players than us, want to sign him, we should also be looking to get him in the team

So the point is we are taking the risk of selling two young players to bring in one and it isn't 100% that the one is better than either of the two we are sending out. I like Neres but I also think Lookman and Onyekuru would have excelled in that Ajax team playing where Neres did. I don't love the idea of selling young players we already own for maybe 60m combined to bring in someone for 50m and maybe ending up a worse team too.

I'll leave Vlasic out because he's gone so who cares. I'm not a fan of it but he isn't in our outlook anymore.

Lookman is wanted by RBL who have made a habit of signing talented youngsters and turning them into solid players. They aren't slowing down in that process. They wouldn't have offered near 20m if they didn't see a lot of talent and I trust their evaluation because they are good at this sort of thing.

Onyekuru might be able to play for us after this summer. If he cant then sell by all means. But if he can, and Bayern Munich, another club better at recruiting good players than us, want to sign him, we should also be looking to get him in the team

So the point is we are taking the risk of selling two young players to bring in one and it isn't 100% that the one is better than either of the two we are sending out. I like Neres but I also think Lookman and Onyekuru would have excelled in that Ajax team playing where Neres did. I don't love the idea of selling young players we already own for maybe 60m combined to bring in someone for 50m and maybe ending up a worse team too.

I like Vlasic Lookman and Onyekuru.

However I cant see any of them starting for Brazil.

I also cant see Lookman / Onyekuru doing as well in the champions league.

I understand what you're saying but you have to play the percentages when it comes to prospects.

Vlasic has gone as you say so,

Lookman - a lad who was in and out of the Eng U21 team, can't get a game for us
+
Onyekuru - can't get a work permit but is a Nigeria international now and has done well at Galatasaray

OR

Neres - CL semi finalist, Brazil international

Playing the percentages, i'd say Neres is the option you'd want. You're right though, each scenario carries risk.

Just posted in Baines thread that hes expected to sign his contract within 24 hours so links to Left Backs should go out of the window for now.

We can’t end up with a worse team if we sell players who don’t contribute.

I understand what you're saying but you have to play the percentages when it comes to prospects.

Vlasic has gone as you say so,

Lookman - a lad who was in and out of the Eng U21 team, can't get a game for us
+
Onyekuru - can't get a work permit but is a Nigeria international now and has done well at Galatasaray

OR

Neres - CL semi finalist, Brazil international

Playing the percentages, i'd say Neres is the option you'd want. You're right though, each scenario carries risk.
Again I don't want to bash Neres because I do like him and wouldn't be mad about signing him but saying CL semifinal is kind of weird since he was maybe their 6th most important player. It's like saying Kieran Trippier CL finalist.

There are things to like about Neres as I said but I can't get past the feeling that the other guys would have been just as good in that team. But if for whatever reason Marco won't use them but will use Neres then that's what it'll be and I'm happy enough with that.

We can’t end up with a worse team if we sell players who don’t contribute.
In 3 years if Onyekuru is lighting it up for Bayern and we are getting limited use from Neres we could be well worse because we sold someone who didn't contribute. You're thinking too short.

I like Vlasic Lookman and Onyekuru.

However I cant see any of them starting for Brazil.

I also cant see Lookman / Onyekuru doing as well in the champions league.
I think there might be a slight overexaggeration about how good Neres was in the CL. He was good but he wasn't wow this is a can't miss talent good like De Jong and De Ligt were.

And it's hard to say where Lookman and Onyekuru would be since them not being Brazilian means they haven't come through the system and been evaluated. They arent a million miles away imo.

Theres no way they will ask that for Neres. They wont want to keep an unhappy player and were happy to sell him as recently as Jan.
@dutchblue54 it will also may stop agents from letting their young players go and play for an Ajax, if they are going to stop the path way for them to move to a bigger league and for more money.

Look what’s happening with Wan Bisaka, I know he was home grown. But it will make other youngsters think twice about signing long contracts. If Palace try and hold out for 70mil which is utterly ridiculous. He may get his head down next season, but what happens next summer when they then want 80Mil. Eventually AWB will be forced to go on strike.

I can see agents selling more to English clubs in the future from South America and sending the players on loan for 2yrs instead of sending them to Holland and being held to ransom 2yrs later.

Status
Not open for further replies.