Votes: 394 49.0%
  • Alright

Votes: 329 40.9%
  • Poor

Votes: 81 10.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
A top club like Bayern taking a punt on Onyekuru is like us taking a punt on Sosa.
The fee, if there is any truth in the rumour , will reflect this. A low initial fee with possible add-ons in the event of the signing being successful.

Cheers Zat. You’re about as useful as a chocolate teapot.

Would you be able to share any details of the “media reports” so that other members of this forum could read them for themselves?

Its past midnight and im a bit tired...AKSAM for one...cant remember the others.

but Neres is a Brazil international who has just got to the semi final of the CL.

Lookman can't get in our squad, Vlasic has gone and Onyekuru can't get a work permit.
Onyekuru not being able to get a permit has nothing to do with his ability. Samuel Eto'o wouldn't have qualified at 22 either. Lookman cant get in our squad but a club with a great track record with young players desperately want him. Vlasic impressed enough to become a clubs record signing. It's just numbers at this point. 3 rolls vs 1. Maybe the odds of the one on its own are better than any of the 3 alone but combine them and it swings.

We'd be mad not to take that if true, especiàlly if there's still issues with getting him a visa

This Onyekuru situation stinks of Jorge Cadete tbh. If he was playing for a top six club he'd get that visa no problem I reckon
There's only one Jorge Cadete..
He's got hair, like spaghetti..

Brilliant chant that was..

Onyekuru not being able to get a permit has nothing to do with his ability. Samuel Eto'o wouldn't have qualified at 22 either. Lookman cant get in our squad but a club with a great track record with young players desperately want him. Vlasic impressed enough to become a clubs record signing. It's just numbers at this point. 3 rolls vs 1. Maybe the odds of the one on its own are better than any of the 3 alone but combine them and it swings.

But you're suggesting it's a big risk in relation to investment aren't you? That ridding the club of 3 player's who are contributing on the field zero shouldn't be parted with in a trade for Neres?

Onyekuru is a player who cannot give us output. He cannot bring us closer to the top 6 because he can't play for us. Sammy Eto'o at 22 would have been a bad purchase too if he can't actually play for us.

I'm not sure who you mean by the club wanting Lookman. Do you mean Southampton? If so, they aren't aspiring for the top 6 like we are.

and Vlasic has signed for 14m to a Russian team? Yes he may be their record signing but he was just sold for less than a Jordan Ibe.

Seems a little like you're trying to find a reasoning for your controversial point rather than truly believing what you're saying with conviction. But I may be wrong there.

But you're suggesting it's a big risk in relation to investment aren't you? That ridding the club of 3 player's who are contributing on the field zero shouldn't be parted with in a trade for Neres?

Onyekuru is a player who cannot give us output. He cannot bring us closer to the top 6 because he can't play for us. Sammy Eto'o at 22 would have been a bad purchase too if he can't actually play for us.

I'm not sure who you mean by the club wanting Lookman. Do you mean Southampton? If so, they aren't aspiring for the top 6 like we are.

and Vlasic has signed for 14m to a Russian team? Yes he may be their record signing but he was just sold for less than a Jordan Ibe.

Seems a little like you're trying to find a reasoning for your controversial point rather than truly believing what you're saying with conviction. But I may be wrong there.

Go’ead lad.

1 young player unproven in major competitions for 3 similar players with not much money leftover. Everything rides on one young talent coming good and the others not becoming so good that selling them looks dumb too. It's risky.
but Neres is a Brazil international who has just got to the semi final of the CL.

Lookman can't get in our squad, Vlasic has gone and Onyekuru can't get a work permit.
A top club like Bayern taking a punt on Onyekuru is like us taking a punt on Sosa.
The fee, if there is any truth in the rumour , will reflect this. A low initial fee with possible add-ons in the event of the signing being successful.
If we are talking skill you're wrong. If we are talking price you're crazy.

Go’ead lad.

We need to lower the squad size...thats a fact.

Totally hypothetically of course but if:

£14mil (Vlasic) + Onyekuru + Lookman + Bolasie + Walcott + Mirallas

= Neres and a 4th choice winger of Brands/Silvas choosing Id take the deal.

Not even a second thought.

Could also say:

Sandro + Niasse + Tosun = 1 forward

McCarthy + Schneiderlin + Besic = 1 player

In fact I would think it would be a very good window if we worked to a model like this...really cut down the squad.

But as to my earlier point, a full starting Brazilian international, rated as 3rd most valuable player in Holland and a string of good champions league performances OR Vlasic (sold for £14mil) + Lookman (cant get a game) + Onyekuru (cant get a work permit)

Total no brainer..and hes mates with Richarlison which is a bonus but also the impact and message it sends to land another top player and big name would help us attract more.

Sto dreaming of Neres. ajax will ask top dollar for him (80/90mill quoted). No way he is worth that. I assume Brands is more sensible than the previous regime to sign a big money Ajax player lol.

Sto dreaming of Neres. ajax will ask top dollar for him (80/90mill quoted). No way he is worth that. I assume Brands is more sensible than the previous regime to sign a big money Ajax player lol.

Theres no way they will ask that for Neres. They wont want to keep an unhappy player and were happy to sell him as recently as Jan.

Status
Not open for further replies.