Votes: 394 49.0%
  • Alright

Votes: 329 40.9%
  • Poor

Votes: 81 10.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
but Neres is a Brazil international who has just got to the semi final of the CL.

Lookman can't get in our squad, Vlasic has gone and Onyekuru can't get a work permit.
Take Ziyech/Tadic/De Ligt/Van de Beek/Frenkie out of the team and they wouldn't have even made it to the Semis. Ajax did perfectly well without him though the 2nd leg against Spurs.

Gomes
Zouma
Neres
Arias

Plus another option at CF and CM will be our ins I reckon.

Schneiderlin
Mirallas
Bolasie
1 of Niasse/Tosun
Vlasic
Dowell
Pennington

Reckon they’ll all be gone. Imagine we’ll get decent enough fees for Schneiderlin, Vlasic and whichever of the 2

We are talking EFC 19/20
Those 3 would MAYBE get you £50m and he's quoted at £80/90m. Despite the attitude issues that Lookman seems to have he has just as much skill as Neres does, Onyekuru looks most likely to score of all them (yes I know permit issues), and Vlasic had better contribution in the CL than Neres did in half the games, against similar competition, and in a much weaker team.

Those 3 would MAYBE get you £50m and he's quoted at £80/90m. Despite the attitude issues that Lookman seems to have he has just as much skill as Neres does, Onyekuru looks most likely to score of all them (yes I know permit issues), and Vlasic had better contribution in the CL than Neres did in half the games, against similar competition, and in a much weaker team.

Lookman has had chances, Henry couldn’t seem to buy a work permit, and Nikky’s dad doesn’t like the club

And Neres will sell for far less than the papers say.

In 3 years if Onyekuru is lighting it up for Bayern and we are getting limited use from Neres we could be well worse because we sold someone who didn't contribute. You're thinking too short.
Or if in 3 years onyekuru is playing for besiktas on loan and Neres is lighting it up for us and Barcelona are interested in signing him
Who knows. You dont or I dont . Like every transfer in football it's an educated risk

Lookman has had chances, Henry couldn’t seem to buy a work permit, and Nikky’s dad doesn’t like the club

And Neres will sell for far less than the papers say.
My point is that all 3 are options just as good if not better than Neres and besides Onyekuru if you and @Zatara were as motivated towards getting them in the side as you are motivated to get Neres in, they'd play to the level expected of them at Everton.

And even if they are asking half of that Neres would still be a £40/45m Lookman/Vlasic signing.

You both also like to point out that Neres is a full Brazilian international when probably the only reason he is with the team right now is because Vinicius and Neymar are injured and even now he is splitting time with that Everton guy.

None of this adds up to anything other than just the flavor of the week that will peter out in the weeks to come

Status
Not open for further replies.