Votes: 394 49.0%
  • Alright

Votes: 329 40.9%
  • Poor

Votes: 81 10.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Or if in 3 years onyekuru is playing for besiktas on loan and Neres is lighting it up for us and Barcelona are interested in signing him
Who knows. You dont or I dont . Like every transfer in football it's an educated risk
Right. Which is why I prefer the option where we keep the two talented players we have so we have two chances. Or keep one and sign Neres. I don't like the sell Lookman and Onyekuru to fund Neres or someone else scenario.

Or if in 3 years onyekuru is playing for besiktas on loan and Neres is lighting it up for us and Barcelona are interested in signing him
Who knows. You dont or I dont . Like every transfer in football it's an educated risk
Barcelona won't touch him. If they were looking at him he'd have been mentioned with Frenkie and De Ligt.

Right. Which is why I prefer the option where we keep the two talented players we have so we have two chances. Or keep one and sign Neres. I don't like the sell Lookman and Onyekuru to fund Neres or someone else scenario.
One is not rated by our management. So he is not going to be a regular. He could turn out to be the next messi. But it wont be with us. The previous 2 managers and also the England u21 manager dont seem to rate him that highly either and he wants to leave.
The other has had work permit issues and has played well ln a poor league.
We are probably selling 3 players who would contribute very little to us going forward .
And signing one and maybe a second who our director and football and manager see as playing a big part going forward .

Divided feelings on the Onyekuru issue. I'd definitely like to see him at Everton, before we decide to sell or keep. But if he doesn't qualify for a work permit this summer than I can fully understand the decision to cash in by the club.

Can wait for another year, but what if he still doesn't qualify for that permit by that time? Can't really afford for him to run down his contract without him ever kicking a ball for us. Too many deadwood without any realistic chance of selling are already bleeding us dry by doing exactly that

One is not rated by our management. So he is not going to be a regular. He could turn out to be the next messi. But it wont be with us. The previous 2 managers and also the England u21 manager dont seem to rate him that highly either and he wants to leave.
The other has had work permit issues and has played well ln a poor league.
We are probably selling 3 players who would contribute very little to us going forward .
And signing one and maybe a second who our director and football and manager see as playing a big part going forward .
I hate the idea of declaring players rated by teams like Leipzig and Bayern as not useful for us. I like Brands but those clubs have great records.

Divided feelings on the Onyekuru issue. I'd definitely like to see him at Everton, before we decide to sell or keep. But if he doesn't qualify for a work permit this summer than I can fully understand the decision to cash in by the club.

Can wait for another year, but what if he still doesn't qualify for that permit by that time? Can't really afford for him to run down his contract without him ever kicking a ball for us. Too many deadwood without any realistic chance of selling are already bleeding us dry by doing exactly that

Exactly this.

If he can’t join us this summer - and that’s looking likely again - it’ll be another loan and another year off his deal. By the time we might have a chance to use him, anything could have happened.

Anyone offers serious money, he’s gone.

Status
Not open for further replies.