Votes: 394 49.0%
  • Alright

Votes: 329 40.9%
  • Poor

Votes: 81 10.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
It seems gone are the days when we got news of potential signings being leaked, Brands has got the information locked down. Do we think this is good or not?

I`m sure it suits the clubs needs if targets are not all over the internet and newspapers but it does make us look like we are inactive when I suspect we are.....
As long as the players that come in are good then I don't care if we don't find out until they're holding up the shirt. In fact, there is something to be said for the novelty of being surprised with quality like we were with Bernard or Gomes last year.

Inappropriate Behaviour
Surely foreverblue92 is a kopite, how come he never makes any lists??

It’s not the negativity, there’s daft posters like that everywhere, it’s just the sheer repetitive nonsense, it stands out a mile.

As long as the players that come in are good then I don't care if we don't find out until they're holding up the shirt. In fact, there is something to be said for the novelty of being surprised with quality like we were with Bernard or Gomes last year.

Was great when the Bernard deal came out of nowhere.

Business will be getting done behind the scenes I just hope we target the right players to really push us on.

It's not so much getting annoyed about mentioning players signing for other clubs, but much more using that to get ultra negative about Everton. We'll make signings, fully trust Brands to get it right (again). We're halfway through June ffs! Why do some people panic so easily?
Because recent history shows we should panic when little happens early. We either sign players early or on deadline day, no one of note has ever been signed in the prairie period that I can recall.

My god . Having already been overtaken by Aston Villa , Leeds and Newcastle , now it's West Ham's turn . Blackpool will soon follow with their new wealthy owner

SORT IT OUT , Everton ffs

Back on topic , get Gomes signes asap

Reece James / Wan Bissaka / Arias / James Justin all of interest according to the Echo to challenge Coleman for the RB spot. Bit of a difference in price between them :Blink:

Reece James / Wan Bissaka / Arias / James Justin all of interest according to the Echo to challenge Coleman for the RB spot. Bit of a difference in price between them :Blink:

I think Reece James is a bit out of the question as he’s injured pretty bad.

Shame as I’m pretty sure we were keen.

I agree im not panicking and fully expect us to spend a bit of money this window.

My point is people come across like Geordies at times with what they say about clubs around us when in reality 7-11th are clubs who look great one week then gash the next and we are included in that.

1-2 quality signings is enough to take a club 11th last season to finish 7th and qualify for Europe the next look at Wolves - promoted then straight ahead of us all.

I think thats why some get intrigued by other clubs around us business as it doesn't take much to be overtaken in this league.
TBH, the reason Wolves did so well was down to having a settled team and manager. Throwing money at the problem is rarely the answer, having consistency, team spirit and know how wins hands down. Tottenham is a good example - no investment for nearly 2 years yet still manage to get to the Champions league final. Conversely, Fulham chuck money at it and suffer the consequences of poor spirit/cohesion (a bit like us after Ronko's splurge).
Of course Tottenham's strategy is not sustainable long term but it does back my point about having a settled team with a strong togetherness. A bit like Moyes' best teams for us.
I hope it's moderate tinkering and we go quality over quantity. A potent striker and we continue to progress, no question.

Someone with 1 leg, someone who starts for Atletico, someone who’d cost 70 m and someone who plays Sunday league

Status
Not open for further replies.