Votes: 394 49.0%
  • Alright

Votes: 329 40.9%
  • Poor

Votes: 81 10.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Gomez doesn't have to have played in the prem to be better than DCL and Tosun who are both tosh.

Anderson is better than Bernard

I would say Gylfi is better than Lanzini but in terms of contribution over the 90 minutes he's not massively better.

Richarlison is better than Yarmolenko

Arnautovic/Hernandez/Antonio are better off the bench than Tosun, Niasse and Walcott.

Overall if they sign Gomez they'll have a better attack than us no doubt - however that can change should Brands target the right players this window.

If all their players are better than ours why did they finish behind us last season?

This week on “Who’s Overtaking Us?” - West Ham United.

A classic of the genre, a sequel to the popular 2016, 2017 and 2018 films of the same name, sure to bring in the box office millions after the Newcastle, Leeds and Villa episodes flopped. An all-star cast has been assembled for this one as GOT really means business. Grab your popcorn and hunker down.

Still can’t believe Stoke Southampton and Swansea overtook us in Moyes’ final years. It’s a miracle we’re still in the premier league let alone stable in the top half.

I honestly dont get why people get so annoyed when posters mentiom other clubs deals tbh.

Fair enough people slating the club because of it is daft but rightly or wrongly we are in the same little group as them in the table right now.

If Utd go sign a player Arsenal fans will be talking about it and comparing it to their signings/moves in the market as they are in their competitive group in the table.

If Leicester went out and signed Timo Werner I wouldnt just shrug my shoulders as its a quality signing for a rival side whereas I couldn't care who Liverpool/Spurs/City sign as they'll be finishing above us regardless of what signings we make same way whoever Norwich or Sheffield Utd sign wouldnt concern me as we'll be finishing above them.

Any moves between clubs 7-11th should be discussed and rightly so. Doesnt mean Everton aint doing business however.

Gomez doesn't have to have played in the prem to be better than DCL and Tosun who are both tosh.

I would say Gylfi is better than Lanzini but in terms of contribution over the 90 minutes he's not massively better.

Arnautovic/Hernandez/Antonio are better off the bench than Tosun, Niasse and Walcott.

Overall if they sign Gomez they'll have a better attack than us no doubt - however that can change should Brands target the right players this window.

You could argue that they had a better one last season.

We still snorted them.

Imagine being jealous of West Ham.

Absolute state of some of you.

I honestly dont get why people get so annoyed when posters mentiom other clubs deals tbh.

Fair enough people slating the club because of it is daft but rightly or wrongly we are in the same little group as them in the table right now.

If Utd go sign a player Arsenal fans will be talking about it and comparing it to their signings/moves in the market as they are in their competitive group in the table.

If Leicester went out and signed Timo Werner I wouldnt just shrug my shoulders as its a quality signing for a rival side whereas I couldn't care who Liverpool/Spurs/City sign as they'll be finishing above us regardless of what signings we make same way whoever Norwich or Sheffield Utd sign wouldnt concern me as we'll be finishing above them.

Any moves between clubs 7-11th should be discussed and rightly so. Doesnt mean Everton aint doing business however.

If Leicester signed Timo Werner you’d be right to think they’d have a chance of finishing above us, but West Ham have signed another no mark, which they do every single summer.

Even if they have the equivalent attack, they are terrible defensively. If you think Fornals suddenly makes their central midfield any more difficult to cut through, you are nuts. Plus, you know they'll have Declan Rice in there and he's severely limited.

Andersen is good, no question.

But Gomez isn't much better than DCL frankly and isn't going to be better than whatever CF we do acquire. He's DEFINITELY not better than Richarlison if he plays CF. Frankly, he's not even better than Arnautovic. Think you are massively overrating Gomez.

Gomez averaged an open play goal every 247 minutes in La Liga, DCL every 296 in the PL last year. DCL is taller, faster, better suited to the PL, and IMO has much more upside than Gomez. I wouldn't be happy with DCL as our starting CF, either, but I don't want to spend 30M on Maxi Gomez. If he's better than DCL, it's not by a mile, and I don't think he'll be better in the upcoming years.

We finished 2 points clear and they had both Yarmolenko & Lanzini out injured most of the season mate.

Had we had Richarlison and Siggurdsson out injured most of last season god knows where we would have finished in all honesty.

We had a £30m centre back out for most of the season and didn’t have Bernard or Gomes starting games until November. We also didn’t have a centre forward all season while they had the demigods Arnautovic and Hernandez. Your argument has failed again.

P.s Yarmolenko is crap btw

We finished 2 points clear and they had both Yarmolenko & Lanzini out injured most of the season mate.

Had we had Richarlison and Siggurdsson out injured most of last season god knows where we would have finished in all honesty.

I’ve honestly never seen Lanzini do anything remotely useful apart from odd flashes in one or two games a season. He’s the sort of balloon Koeman would have sounded 40 mill on. He wouldn’t get anywhere near our attack.

Status
Not open for further replies.