Votes: 394 49.0%
  • Alright

Votes: 329 40.9%
  • Poor

Votes: 81 10.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I honestly dont get why people get so annoyed when posters mentiom other clubs deals tbh.

Fair enough people slating the club because of it is daft but rightly or wrongly we are in the same little group as them in the table right now.

If Utd go sign a player Arsenal fans will be talking about it and comparing it to their signings/moves in the market as they are in their competitive group in the table.

If Leicester went out and signed Timo Werner I wouldnt just shrug my shoulders as its a quality signing for a rival side whereas I couldn't care who Liverpool/Spurs/City sign as they'll be finishing above us regardless of what signings we make same way whoever Norwich or Sheffield Utd sign wouldnt concern me as we'll be finishing above them.

Any moves between clubs 7-11th should be discussed and rightly so. Doesnt mean Everton aint doing business however.
It's not so much getting annoyed about mentioning players signing for other clubs, but much more using that to get ultra negative about Everton. We'll make signings, fully trust Brands to get it right (again). We're halfway through June ffs! Why do some people panic so easily?

We finished 2 points clear and they had both Yarmolenko & Lanzini out injured most of the season mate.

Had we had Richarlison and Siggurdsson out injured most of last season god knows where we would have finished in all honesty.
We were also 11 goals better and better in shots, possession, most offensive categories. But it's the defense that's the big difference. We gave up 23 goals in open play vs. West Ham's 34, we were 4th in shots per game and they were 16th. It's night and day. We make ANY improvement on set pieces - and West Ham weren't much better - which we did second half of the year, and it's even worse. West Ham needs to fix their defense and central midfield and Formals / Gomez won't do that.

Do we really think Gomez is going to improve them? Arnautovic and Chicartio combined to play about the same minutes as Gomez and had a better offensive output between them. I'm not seeing it. Arnautovic had 10 goals himself in 2000 minutes. I don't think Gomez is a better player honestly.

It's not so much getting annoyed about mentioning players signing for other clubs, but much more using that to get ultra negative about Everton. We'll make signings, fully trust Brands to get it right (again). We're halfway through June ffs! Why do some people panic so easily?

I agree im not panicking and fully expect us to spend a bit of money this window.

My point is people come across like Geordies at times with what they say about clubs around us when in reality 7-11th are clubs who look great one week then gash the next and we are included in that.

1-2 quality signings is enough to take a club 11th last season to finish 7th and qualify for Europe the next look at Wolves - promoted then straight ahead of us all.

I think thats why some get intrigued by other clubs around us business as it doesn't take much to be overtaken in this league.

Gomez doesn't have to have played in the prem to be better than DCL and Tosun who are both tosh.

Anderson is better than Bernard

I would say Gylfi is better than Lanzini but in terms of contribution over the 90 minutes he's not massively better.

Richarlison is better than Yarmolenko

Arnautovic/Hernandez/Antonio are better off the bench than Tosun, Niasse and Walcott.

Overall if they sign Gomez they'll have a better attack than us no doubt - however that can change should Brands target the right players this window.
You said that their front 4 would be better than ours yet you have just said 2 of our players are better than theirs. Doesn't make much sense that.

Heaven knows, they’re miserable now though.

Tbf West Ham could be the team out of our little 7-11th pack that could cause us the most competition should they keep spending

Rice Fornals

Anderson Lanzini Yarmolenlo

Gomez

At present that front 4 is better than ours should they get Gomez and they have the likes of Arnautovic on the bench whereas we have DCL and Tosun. If Zouma doesn't resign its back to the drawing board for another CB.

I wouldn't worry too much but to laugh off West Ham/Wolves/Leicester is a bit Geordie deluded considering they all are our level at present sadly.

Our job this summer has to be signing players to take us forward and push ahead.

Fornals won't sit there mate. Just thumbing people in.

You said that their front 4 would be better than ours yet you have just said 2 of our players are better than theirs. Doesn't make much sense that.

Sorry I should have said attacking options which imo they are.

Gylfi is also a tricky one as he scores and assists but can do bugger all throughout a match whereas Lanzini is the sort of number 10 who offers more in terms of the system without racking up the stats (a central Bernard if you will).

Status
Not open for further replies.