2018/19 Richarlison

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just going off goal contributions Sigurdsson had 19, Richarlison had 15 and Bernard had 5. Unless Bernard shows significant improvement in the final third it's a pretty straightforward decision imo.
That doesn't tell the full story though. Bernard took quite a while to settle. We were all wondering what the fuss was about by Christmas. Over the last third of the season he was one of our best players.

That doesn't tell the full story though. Bernard took quite a while to settle. We were all wondering what the fuss was about by Christmas. Over the last third of the season he was one of our best players.
He didn't improve his goals and assists in that period even if his play was better generally.

I think it's time to pack in the club if our fans can't see what Bernard offers to the team. Just watch him play instead of looking at a spreadsheet full of stats you absolute dangers.
Some of lot would have binned off Paul Bracewell because he didn’t add to the goals etc. Sometimes what you do makes space for others to score, Bernard and DCL did really well at the towards the end of the season, pulled defenders and midfielders all over the shop! pienaar was a great example of that kind of player!

Some of lot would have binned off Paul Bracewell because he didn’t add to the goals etc. Sometimes what you do makes space for others to score, Bernard and DCL did really well at the towards the end of the season, pulled defenders and midfielders all over the shop! pienaar was a great example of that kind of player!
Eden Hazard and Mo Salah also create space for others. This doesn't prevent them from scoring themselves. It's possible to do the things DCL and Bernard do while also collecting goals and assists and we will need those players if we want to move up the league.

I want to also add that I'm not suggesting to immediately get rid of either of those players but for me we should also be actively searching for other options up top and in wide areas. If Malcom for example was available we should be making an offer.

I think it's time to pack in the club if our fans can't see what Bernard offers to the team. Just watch him play instead of looking at a spreadsheet full of stats you absolute dangers.
Or do both to make sure you know what the heck you are looking at. His stats are great. If you think he's good at things, the outcomes will be there as well.

But...stats are bad.

Eden Hazard and Mo Salah also create space for others. This doesn't prevent them from scoring themselves. It's possible to do the things DCL and Bernard do while also collecting goals and assists and we will need those players if we want to move up the league.

I want to also add that I'm not suggesting to immediately get rid of either of those players but for me we should also be actively searching for other options up top and in wide areas. If Malcom for example was available we should be making an offer.
Bernard can't help it if others can't finish the chances he's creating. And he is creating quite a few.

Bernard can't help it if others can't finish the chances he's creating. And he is creating quite a few.
On the whole our finishing was fine last season. Is it possible that he was unlucky and more of his chances were missed? I guess maybe. But overall the problem was not generating enough shots and high quality shots not poor finishing. This is the biggest problem with DCL. He doesn't shoot enough for a center forward. It's one of the things Richarlison is best at but it doesn't look like he can play center forward on his own.

Hazard and Salah are two of the best in the world for their positions and way out of our price range, so that’s pretty irrelevant.

Hazard and Salah are two of the best in the world for their positions and way out of our price range, so that’s pretty irrelevant.
The point isn't to sign them but to try to find players who can do similar things. All the best teams have attackers that both open space for others and actually score/assist. Dele Alli is another great example of this and we could have had him pre-Spurs.

.....Celtic are a CL team. I know i’m being pedantic, but I think it’s much more accurate to say one of the elite teams.
Never considered them a true CL team,they get in by default.The fact they even qualify just serves to dilute the RS crowing.

Oh my good lord you have fully lost the plot.

Yes I suppose, but he has a long contract and a lot of teams now say give us one more year and then you can go, that extra year could be 30mil.

I think it’s scary how good he could become, 14 goals, wasn’t 2 assists? last season obviously he need to improve that part of his game. And 5 in 10 for Brazil, with a few assists thrown in.

He could easily next year get close to 20goals & 10 assists at 22yrs old. That starts to push him towards to levels of Hazard, Salah, Son in terms of numbers. Obviously he will never have the ability that Hazard has, but he offers a lot more of a physical threat and a handful in the air, he’s going to be beast.
If he can stop throwing himself to ground every time he's tackled it'll go a long way.

Status
Not open for further replies.