1995-2020 = the longest barren spell without silverware in Everton's history

Status
Not open for further replies.
....a very reasonable summary, i’m no economist but the club has been inadequately run for a long time. Saying that, I wouldn’t include Moshiri in that list just yet. I would also say it has been an achievement to stay in the top flight whilst so many other clubs perished when in the doldrums.
I dont. We've been relegated once and only Arsenal have been a more consistent top flight team. I expect top flight football as a basic and minimal requirement. No regime gets a pat on the head for that.

Thing is though this doesn't mean it will come off, just look at the new royal hospital, having people interested dosent always mean something will complete, or even start in our case.
We haven't even seen a plan or a spade in the ground, if all the funding was in place surely something would of happened by now.

Havnt a clue about the hospital mate. Its just my personal take on it; has been from pretty much day 1.

But we have very long stadium thread for that. Our glorious past is being celebrated in here.

I don't know why but I get the feeling that if the clubs swapped their entire squads the they would still manage to out preform us, there is a minority of our fans that are totally toxic no matter what happens on the pitch but when things start getting bad on the pitch the toxic spreads example from November to the end of February season just gone a lot of people were calling for Silva to go. The man was only in the job a few months, we need to start getting behind the team it costs us points every season.

They've got supporters exactly like that too. The difference is the players. They've got some of the best in the world and we haven't.

All their great European nights come because of the players on the pitch. Not the fans. I saw Real Madrid batter them 3-0 at Anfield a few years back. All the singing and scarf waving didn't make a difference because they were crap.

I dont. We've been relegated once and only Arsenal have been a more consistent top flight team. I expect top flight football as a basic and minimal requirement. No regime gets a pat on the head for that.

That'll be the next thing when we are relegated. Some fans will say we've been due one.

Oh look Liverpool won something, better blame ourselves

This thread is about our failure to win anything over a 25 year period, so I think we should be looking at ourselves as to why that has been allowed to happen. I personally think that having a business plan that consisted of having no investment whatsoever over a 15 year period may have something to do with us becoming midtable also-rans.

And when we next win one it'll more than likely be one of the domestic cups which now have very very little prestige left and give the fans little more to shout about other than a decent day out. Utterly depressing really, especially today.

And when we next win one it'll more than likely be one of the domestic cups which now have very very little prestige left and give the fans little more to shout about other than a decent day out. Utterly depressing really, especially today.

At least it’s something mate rather than the finishes to the seasons we usually have

...agree, I wouldn’t give the board credit for maintaining our top flight status, but I was pointing out how many other clubs have perished. We have to be thankful that hasn’t happened to us.

Status
Not open for further replies.