2019/20 Marcel Brands

Status
Not open for further replies.
I dont know: Liverpool are currently demanding £25M for Harry Wilson. Zero PL experience.

They won't get that, certainly not without it being heavily incentivised (which is the stupidity of their net spend farce as they achieve much lower figures than they publish). However Harry Wilson has had a brilliant season in the championship, scoring about 15 goals. :Lookman has contributed 2 assists all season. Yet we value them similarly.

Like it or not Liverpool's name adds millions to the sale of every player they sell, sickening I know, but true.
They won't get that, certainly not without it being heavily incentivised (which is the stupidity of their net spend farce as they achieve much lower figures than they publish). However Harry Wilson has had a brilliant season in the championship, scoring about 15 goals. :Lookman has contributed 2 assists all season. Yet we value them similarly.
Yes mediocre players may well go for decent cash, the problem is our unwanted players are crap of the highest order.
The underlying point though is irrefutable: trash goes for decent money these days; decent players go for an arm and a leg.

Brands has to step up and deliver on players sold this summer. He'll have to or we're knackered.

Personally, I dont think he has what it takes to strike an outgoing deal.

The underlying point though is irrefutable: trash goes for decent money these days; decent players go for an arm and a leg.

Brands has to step up and deliver on players sold this summer. He'll have to or we're knackered.

Trash does go; however, trash on £120k+ a week is a lot harder to shift. Especially those that are coming to the back end of their career

No PL experience. Which is my point. If someone with no experience in the top flight is going for that crazy cash, there's no excuse for Barnds to be giving our players away.

FWIW, I think Ryan Kent has potential.
If ifs and butts were candy and nuts then Davek would still be wrong.

But you're right, the fact someone bought Harry Wilson for 25 million is crazy cash, I cant believe anyone did that. And because someone totally did that, super seriously did that, and you totally didnt make that up, means its Brands fault and that hes evil. It all seems so obvious now.

If ifs and butts were candy and nuts then Davek would still be wrong.

But you're right, the fact someone bought Harry Wilson for 25 million is crazy cash, I cant believe anyone did that. And because someone totally did that, super seriously did that, and you totally didnt make that up, means its Brands fault and that hes evil. It all seems so obvious now.
I understand why you picked up on the fact it's a rumoured figure for Wilson's fee as it wouldn't be worth your time making the counter point that the carousel of crazily inflated fees for garbage is about to end anytime soon.

So one then.

Yannick Bolasie is on almost £80k

Forget about your Dowells, Besic etc because their wages will have minimal effect on our budget

It’s the likes of Schneiderlin, Walcott, Mirallas, Tosun, Niasse that’s taking the best of £25m a year out of our budget. All of which need to take a massive pay cut to secure a move.

But why would they, their gash and getting paid a kings ransom

Shifted abar 15 last summer in a matter of weeks , got good wedge for them too.......bloody miracle worker :coffee:

Status
Not open for further replies.