2018/19 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know mate he played for Wigan and Fulham in just putting into context the league Henry is playing in, I think Robinho is still scoring goals there and he is 36.

Robinhos team was top of the league I noticed the other day, they have some LEGENDS in that side, thats for damn sure.

Robinho, Clichy, Emre, Adebayor, Turan, DEMBA BA!!!!, Gokhan Inler, you know, all those players you thought retired about 10 years ago.

Robinhos team was top of the league, I noticed the other day, they have some LEGENDS in that side, thats for damn sure.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/İstanbul_Başakşehir_F.K.
Robinho, Clichy, Emre, Adebayor, Turan, DEMBA BA!!!!, Gokhan Inler, you know, all those players you thought retired about 10 years ago.
That's what I mean those players would not last 10mins in the premier but can still play in that league, pappa cisse is still scoring loads.

Rondon the same guy who scored a hat trick at WBA the the goals dried up........
He has had one good season, but the crosses he gets are far better than we supply DCL with also he plays with another striker at Newcastle.......
We are not struggling to score goals ATM ......apart from the blip at Fulham we are playing top 4 football........
We literally cross the ball more than any team in the league with Gylfi and Digne supplying a good chunk of them, and they’re two of the best in the league in that department. The service is there. The proper movement/finishing isn’t yet. Why are people upset by saying we need an improvement up top. DCL will continue to grow but it’s obvious he needs to be improved on if we really want to challenge. He’d struggle to make the bench at the clubs above us.

We literally cross the ball more than any team in the league with Gylfi and Digne supplying a good chunk of them, and they’re two of the best in the league in that department. The service is there. The proper movement/finishing isn’t yet. Why are people upset by saying we need an improvement up top. DCL will continue to grow but it’s obvious he needs to be improved on if we really want to challenge. He’d struggle to make the bench at the clubs above us.

Amen !

Why are people so quick to dismiss his potential? Personally I'd rather be patient and see if his performances can be improved on by himself before replacing him.

Our crosses are poor i.e. Colemans are......

Why are people so quick to dismiss his potential? Personally I'd rather be patient and see if his performances can be improved on by himself before replacing him.
I am not sure people are dismissing his potential more like saying currently he is not our answer...blatant truth is his goal scoring potential has not improved since he started in the 1st team. I don't want to sell him I want him to hopefully realise his potential but not as our leader of the line. We need more goals from our main striker therefore get a scorer in and let DCL take the bench. If he leads our line next season we will rue many games that had if onlys and damage our chances of challenging the top 6. He is becoming a good player but if he doesn't score then we need to find someone who can and not let DCL lead the line until he can polish up on his finishing Currently he needs a couple of pallets of Mr Sheen..

Status
Not open for further replies.