2018/19 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Progress.

Minutes played.

Confidence.

No idea why it's like a race to call a 22 year old that's shown promise not good enough. We've had 1 striker that 1 time managed 20 league goals in Premier League era.

He's good enough in so many places that I am more than willing to be patient and see what happens.

Let me put it this way, he's definitely not the squeaky wheel preventing us from moving forward. Silva was all over the place for months...as was our goalkeeper and defence. That said I think he's earned another season...as has DCL.
Different days but at 22 yrs old my hero Joe Royle was scoring 22 per season - although he had the holy trinity behind him and a winger, called Moggsy who could cross the ball right on his head - he was a lone striker too - but the team was so special!

Neither do I

But, I think another striker would probably turn his 10 into 20 if you get me.
Like Who?
OLur crossing is not bad nor is it perfect, ignore top strikers as they will want champions League football ....We have tried an Turkish CF spending millions plus wages .....
So fire away name names on who we might get and how much for?
We need one deffo Tosun needs to be shipped out too - as Niasse does too ......

Like Who?
OLur crossing is not bad nor is it perfect, ignore top strikers as they will want champions League football ....We have tried an Turkish CF spending millions plus wages .....
So fire away name names on who we might get and how much for?
We need one deffo Tosun needs to be shipped out too - as Niasse does too ......

Well I can list a fair few players who we could realistically sign who would bag us goals.

But I don't think there's loads of players who can definitely get the goals and offer us what Dom does.

But that's the player that we need.

We can't go into the season relying on Gylfi and Rich to get all of our goals, though.

I am certain Silva/Brands have as top priority a striker. Not a striker as back up to DCL but as the main striker. Keep DCL just in case he can improve as a goal scorer but get the funds from Tosun and Naisse sales. We do need at least a 10-15 goal scorer because if Siggy or Richarlison go off the boil then we are stuffed.

Well I can list a fair few players who we could realistically sign who would bag us goals.

But I don't think there's loads of players who can definitely get the goals and offer us what Dom does.

But that's the player that we need.

We can't go into the season relying on Gylfi and Rich to get all of our goals, though.
I agree, but please name some - the guy who we could get cheap probably is from the relegated Fulham side
only 24 gave our defence a torrid time ...
https://www.fulhamfc.com/player-profiles/aleksandar-mitrovic
He is proven in the prem........ but the same posters who stated Harry Maguire was pants, may not agree with a punt on him .......

I agree, but please name some - the guy who we could get cheap probably is from the relegated Fulham side
He is proven in the prem........ but the same posters who stated Harry Maguire was pants, may not agree with a punt on him .......

Hes scored 1 goal this year Joey, a peno.

So why would anybody wanna replace a Striker that doesnt score with another 1 for 40m.

Mitrovic wants 350k a week which is why he is being linked with a move to China because no normal club is ever going to give a yard dog like him that sort of money.

Mitrovic wants 350k a week which is why he is being linked with a move to China because no normal club is ever going to give a yard dog like him that sort of money.
So the yard dog who ran our defence who have kept clean sheets recently ..... you reckon he is a yard dog so who else will we get then name names if DCL is not your answer - who is - most of the season playing out on the wing only since he has played upfront we have clicked as a unit as he hold the ball up he is growing physically - I remember Joe Royles early days, he was exactly the same replacing the GV - the stick he got that's why he is my boyhood hero.......
His workrate was tremendous , and then the goals came he did get in the side very young though, but never played on the wing........
I agree he needs to improve on his goal scoring its not good enough, but I keep on asking who is out there to join a non Champions League side..?
we need backup, and we need to ship the other strikers out......

So the yard dog who ran our defence who have kept clean sheets recently ..... you reckon he is a yard dog so who else will we get then name names if DCL is not your answer - who is - most of the season playing out on the wing only since he has played upfront we have clicked as a unit as he hold the ball up he is growing physically - I remember Joe Royles early days, he was exactly the same replacing the GV - the stick he got that's why he is my boyhood hero.......
His workrate was tremendous , and then the goals came he did get in the side very young though, but never played on the wing........
I agree he needs to improve on his goal scoring its not good enough, but I keep on asking who is out there to join a non Champions League side..?
Ran a defence that had a well past it 37 year old in it and the whole team were just dreadful that day anyway. Im not seeing clubs fighting too sign him if he is so good like some on here think. Lots of names have been mentioned with regards strikers, how serious they are only Brands will know that. We have long been linked to Augustin at RBL, not a prolific goalscorer but a very skillful player who can play anywhere across the frontline. Also there are guys like Seb Haller who im not sure would be for sale but they would be good signings, scores goals and creates them for others. Brands was watching the Lyon vs Lille game yesterday, we have been linked with that Leao, he is only young but does look a good prospect and scores goals.

Joey, there`s a whole wide world of strikers out there, that`s what Mr Brands is for.

Your boy Dominic won`t be the starting striker next year.

Vault me.

Status
Not open for further replies.