2018/19 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.
164 in 606 career games is....

Funny.... you were quoting lukakus goals at anderlecht the other day......

Point remains....Hughes was valued as a hold up player above all else.

Lumping in his stats when he was 38 and still trying to play at the top level. At the prime of his career he was better than a 1 in 3 striker

At 23 he’d just signed for Barcelona.

Another swing and a miss mate. Baggio, Bergkamp and now Hughes.

I understand overpaid prices but how many of them are slotters. DCL is a striker who doesn't score enough. Still only my opinion and yet again I stick with 12m

DCL would fetch £20m in the current market mate (starting point).

There's plenty of factors:
- PL experience
- length of contract
- precedent set by other moves

164 in 606 career games is....

Funny.... you were quoting lukakus goals at anderlecht the other day......

Point remains....Hughes was valued as a hold up player above all else.
I really hope you're not a lawyer mate because your arguments for the defence would be getting people sent down for murder when they were only getting tried for a parking ticket.

Lumping in his stats when he was 38 and still trying to play at the top level. At the prime of his career he was better than a 1 in 3 striker

At 23 he’d just signed for Barcelona.

Another swing and a miss mate. Baggio, Bergkamp and now Hughes.

Ah.....should we start removing the statistical outliers that don't suit you any more in this argument? You seemed happy to accept bergkamps in the Dutch league....

Ah.....should we start removing the statistical outliers that don't suit you any more in this argument? You seemed happy to accept bergkamps in the Dutch league....

Yes mate because it makes perfect sense that a 38 year old Mark Hughes will perform the same as a 26 year old Mark Hughes, how marvellous.

And I haven’t said anything about bergkamps stats, only Baggio the non-scoring Italian who has a 1 in 2 strike rate

DCL would fetch £20m in the current market mate (starting point).

There's plenty of factors:
- PL experience
- length of contract
- precedent set by other moves

Can understand your points but he is not a proven striker and that is why my opinion is currently 12m

-Inexperience
-Not proven

The desperation on here to discredit a lad making our attacking play tick is comical.

Showed it to mate in work who is a city fan. He laughed and said there was a few fans at city who slated bellamy cos he didn't score much - but at a time when city were squandering millions on all sorts of expensive mercenaries like adebuyor and nasri he carried the team at times. Their fans hold him in high regard for stopping the team resembling what uniteds does now.

Yes mate because it makes perfect sense that a 38 year old Mark Hughes will perform the same as a 26 year old Mark Hughes, how marvellous.

And I haven’t said anything about bergkamps stats, only Baggio the non-scoring Italian who has a 1 in 2 strike rate

Baggio was probably a bad example .... feel free to scrutinise the rest I quoted though eh....

Point still stands..... not all great forwards have been measured on goals.... agree?

The desperation on here to discredit a lad making our attacking play tick is comical.

Showed it to mate in work who is a city fan. He laughed and said there was a few fans at city who slated bellamy cos he didn't score much - but at a time when city were squandering millions on all sorts of expensive mercenaries like adebuyor and nasri he carried the team at times. Their fans hold him in high regard for stopping the team resembling what uniteds does now.

Don't think he is getting slated. High potential which is yet to be realised. Everyone recognises his improvement in overall play but his goals tally will not be enough as of yet to have us knocking on the top 6 door. We are all hoping he makes it and adds the goals to his play but in the meantime it would be irresponsible of the club to not look for another striker who might be able to score more goals. He may be helping Siggy and Richarlison get a few goals but why can't we find someone who can still help them whilst getting some goals for himself to heighten our attacking danger.

Can understand your points but he is not a proven striker and that is why my opinion is currently 12m

-Inexperience
-Not proven

Dominic Solanke went for £20m mate.

Dom is on a deal until 2022 (IIRC) and is a first-choice striker for a side that has just beaten 3 of the top six in a row and generally is one of the bigger clubs in the league.

He's 22 and English. He's got pace and can bully defenders. He obviously needs to improve on the actual goalscoring side but also Silva's system isn't built around creating chances for the striker.

So while you or I can believe his 'true' value would probably be closer to 10/15m, there's absolutely no chance he'd go for anywhere below £20m in the current market. Not that he'll be getting sold anyway and not that there will be any of the top six in for him, so it's all academic :)

you seem to be taking this all very personal. You must be a relation to DCL

Status
Not open for further replies.